long time lurker from the Hoosier State

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

long time lurker from the Hoosier State

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 4:43 am

I was trying to browse parts for sale this morning and realized I didn't have access to the for sale section because I haven't introduced myself or gotten to 25 posts so here we go :)

I've wanted a first gen Dodge for several years, even though I grew up a GM guy. I actually thought once I bought one, and the lust all died, i"d move onto something else but let me tell ya, I love this truck! In September of 2012, I flew down to Tyler Texas and bought a rust freeTexas truck I knew very little about other than it had a new head gasket, paint, trans, exhaust, front end and rear end. She is a 1993 emerald green club cab W250 with the cummins motor and automatic trans. I drove it home, 800+ miles, straight through. 17-18mpg running 80mph almost the entire way.
I put new seals everywhere, extra padding in the doors, extended cab and floors. Truck is QUIET inside other than when I'm pulling the moo cows, she has got a 4" straight pipe, so she likes to talk to ya. I've done a hundred little things, fixing lights, bulbs, switches, tires, all the things that had been put off or abused by previous owners. I've added a tach, pyro, trans temp and boost gauge. (3in1 glowshift) The main thing I have left is the cruise control.
I have a lot of fun with this truck. Everyone loves it. Everyone waves at it. Lol, I can be two states away, pulling a trailer and as soon as I get off the highway, people almost always wave. Everybody loves the old girl :)
As you can guess, its mainly a farm truck. It goes out for plenty of late night cruises in the river bottoms and may have even been hooked up to a sled once. The motor is pretty much stock other than I turned the pump up and ground my own fuel pin.
I plan on keeping the truck for a long time unless I just find a screaming deal on a really nice 5 speed truck. I've got way too much time, money and effort in this old truck to just turn loose of her :) I'll see if I can post a picture or two soon and maybe a link to the pull.
Thanks for having me and thanks so much for all your help. I love this site!

Oh yeah, once I got the truck home, I found the insurance card in the glove box from who I assume was the original owner. My "rust free texas truck" was from Lafayette INDIANA!!!
Clint
Last edited by clinker clint on Sun May 03, 2015 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Re: long time lurker from the Hoosier State

Postby oldestof11 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:52 am

Welcome!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 4:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/clinkerclint

There is my youtube channel. I haven't posted much in a while. There is a little truck related stuff on there... like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox1q7mF9ksU
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 5:15 am

And then there is my other sweet heart:
2006 Pontiac GTO 6-speed I bought new on July 5th, 2006. It's got a ported set of heads with big valves, flycut pistons, 11.4:1 CR, rather large comp cam and it runs on E85.

I try to take it to the track once a year or so. Quickest pass to date is 7.38@96 and change.

Youtube video of car
https://youtu.be/LuuMIpqMkAo
Last edited by clinker clint on Sun May 03, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 am

taken the morning I got home with her:

Hauling home the wife's new ride:

I put a box of rods in that bumper when I got it home.
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 5:43 am

Ok, last pictures and I swear I'm going to bed :)

clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:27 am

Going to bed?!?! I've been up for 3 hours now. :lol:

I am jealous now. That is a simple and great looking truck.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 am

Welcome to the site. Your up by Caleb
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:35 am

dazedandconfused wrote:Welcome to the site. Your up by Caleb

Yes, but by the looks of things he's closer to you than me.

Welcome, from your truck's original home!
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks guys for the kind words guys! Lol, yeah.. I'm a swing shifter. On nights tonight, will be on days wednesday. Caleb is right. I'm down near Washington. 30min East of Vincennes, one hour North of Evansville, two hours South of Indy. You can almost spit on I69 from here.

Caleb, my tuner lives up by you. He has a car just like mine but with A LOT more power. Like 400 more horsepower :) He is co-owner of Hoosier Street Cars. Goes by Joe6.0 on the net.

Thanks again for having me!
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm

96 mph in the 1/8th is getting with it. I don't know if that's fast in the grand scheme because my scale is calibrated to a 6000 pound truck. :lol:

I've seen some FI cars around that I thought were fast, but they can be so mild mannered it's hard to tell. They're not like the old carbed cars that everyone within a mile could hear take off.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 3:05 pm

cmann250 wrote:96 mph in the 1/8th is getting with it. I don't know if that's fast in the grand scheme because my scale is calibrated to a 6000 pound truck. :lol:

I've seen some FI cars around that I thought were fast, but they can be so mild mannered it's hard to tell. They're not like the old carbed cars that everyone within a mile could hear take off.

Those turbo cars with the smooth idle are the ones that will kick your teeth in.

It takes a 4 digit horsepower truck to run with the car and yes, I have been beat on the street :) I just can't touch a four wheel drive launch when I'm on street tires.
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sun May 03, 2015 4:15 pm

I know a guy with an SRT4 Neon in Decatur, interested in a race? :mrgreen:

JEFFFFFFFF! :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby clinker clint » Sun May 03, 2015 6:00 pm

PToombs wrote:I know a guy with an SRT4 Neon in Decatur, interested in a race? :mrgreen:

JEFFFFFFFF! :lol:

Mmmmmmmm.... SKITTLES!!!!!!
clinker clint
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Unless we are carving corners, I think Im a bit out gunned Pete. Good looking truck. I especially like the old tripod mirrors instead of the sport mirrors or whatever they were called.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Welcome