Can't access the parts for sale post's

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Can't access the parts for sale post's

Postby dwwaters » Sun May 31, 2015 8:48 pm

I just joined today, when I try to access the parts for sale posts, I receive this message: You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum. What's up with that?
1977 Executive Class C on Dodge Sportsman chassis, 440 engine (4mpg) OUCH! 98,467 orig. miles.
dwwaters
smoke screw?

Re: Can't access the parts for sale post's

Postby simplysmn » Sun May 31, 2015 10:04 pm

If you READ the info when you signed up it said to Introduce your self and say Hello .Then jump in and make 50 Post's that help the site out or even help you out .Then you will have the access you are looking for . WELCOME To the First Gen Funny Farm :D
simplysmn
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 am

Its done to keep people from just trying to sell stuff and not participate in the forum.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby dwwaters » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:17 am

Thanks simplysmn,
I did not see that posting, I have been researching for months trying to find out how to replace the 16.5" Dodge coined wheels to 16" on my Class C when I ran across this site. There were several blogs recommending the site for a source that the wheels were purchased from. When I signed up there was no mention of having to participate before being able to access the parts page. I see now that you have to read thru all of the postings to learn all of the rules. I will continue to monitor the site, but by the time I have 25 meaningful / helpful comments to make I will have hopefully found a solution to my wheel / tire replacement problem.
Thanks,
Dale
1977 Executive Class C on Dodge Sportsman chassis, 440 engine (4mpg) OUCH! 98,467 orig. miles.
dwwaters
smoke screw?

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Dale any factory 16" dual wheels from a one ton Dodge up to 93 should work on your motor home. To my knowledge all the dual wheels up to 94 were the coined wheels with 5/8" studs. Hang around and shoot the sthi in the BS thread or any other. We are very laid back but a couple years ago the site was being used by people to just try and sell thier junk or con people that's why it is the way it is. We are a broad group with many different interest and will help out where ever we can.
Andy
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Yep, any 93 or older drw wheel should do you just fine. They used the same on the pickups and b-series cutaway vans. Theyre not easy to find but not that hard either, if you know where to look.Our parts section isnt a huge busting place but theyve poped up occasionaly
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby dwwaters » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:26 pm

I live in California, Palmdale to be exact. I have called all of the truck salvage yards I can find from Sacramento area to San Diego with no luck.
I am about to ready to resort to buying an old Dodge one ton beater, switching the wheels with my class C and reselling the truck. Don't know that I would want to stick someone with the same problem I'm facing. Although you can still buy 8.75x16.5 tires, they just won't clear the wheel wells on my Establishment.
I have had thoughts of selling it and upgrading to a little newer unit, but my wife and I love the design of ours, supposedly it was custom made. It has large 26" x 72" windows on both sides in the rear seating area and a 26" x 62" window in the rear. with the shades open it is almost like sitting on a patio. I have not seen the same amount of window space on any of the other class C motorhomes. Not to mention rebuilding the fridge, extra heavy duty leaf springs in the rear and coils in the front, rear air bags and all the extras, built in air compressor and exterior fueling station for the desert dirt bike trips on Thanksgiving and New Years. Etc, Etc, Etc. I also have it set up with heavy duty tow package and trailer brakes for towing my wife's horse trailer, that is one of the main reasons I am looking to replace the tires as we are going to be taking a 500 mile trip later this year for my wife to compete in the California state NBHA barrel races. Don't need to get stuck on the side of the road with the horses.
dwwaters
smoke screw?

Postby Farmboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 am

have you tried craigslist? That is where I found my dual rims about 6 months ago for my conversion.. I know there are a bunch of scammers on there but there are still a couple good joes on there..
1990 W350 4X4 NOW INTERCOOLED 5-speed. Boost/Pyro. Few light tweaks to the pump. Now a dually with an aluminum flatbed!!
Farmboy
14mm rotor

Return to Welcome