Hello from North Alabama

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hello from North Alabama

Postby Turbo67 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Fairly new here. I've made a couple of posts and really appreciate the help everyone is giving.

I bought a 96 2500 that the previous owner had swapped in a 93 VE engine. It is a 5 speed, extended cab. A little rough at the moment but getting better every day. Particularly with the help here.
Truck got great mileage on the 275 mile trip home from where I bought it. 24.3 mpg and I was very pleased with that. However it had a very limited power band, 1700 to 2100. Much better now with a Hot Screw and governor spring and rotation of the fuel pin. I am impressed with the torque.

Been fixing the annoying, but not unanticipated things. Clutch master cylinder puked the piston due to a missing clip, VE pump developed a leak on the drive home, so I bought a bosch re-seal kit and addressed that.

What to do about the dash? Wow, I had heard the dashes cracked, my wife says it looks like a jig-saw-puzzle. Can remove the pieces and put them back!

Glad to be on here and learning new stuff every day.
Turbo67
93 Cummins 5.9L, VE Pump, 300,000 miles
4200 RPM Spring, indexed stock fuel pin, Fuel Screw maxed, then replaced with longer "Hot Screw", aneroid screw tweaked
Turbo67
fuel pin?

Re: Hello from North Alabama

Postby ellis93 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 am

It's a dodge thing :lol:
There are overlays that can be bought and slid into place......the sun usually isn't friendly to them tho,and they warp up. Only way I know of fixing it is to remove the dash and buy the actual top half......it's expensive.
Me I'd buy one of those carpet dash mats and motor on.
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Return to Welcome