Thanks for all the great info.

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Thanks for all the great info.

Postby JDC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Long-time lurker here, finally decided to join up. I've got a '95 F-350 Powerstroke I've had for a decade and has been a real workhorse for me, but I can't keep doing upgrades $1500 at a time on it to get any decent power. So I've resolved to put a mildly built VE pumped 5.9 in it, and have been here soaking up information.

I drive a truck for a living, and ran my own for about five years until I got an offer for a local driving job last year that was too good to pass up. My big truck has a 3406E, which I built and had tuned For roughly 675hp, and I miss that feeling of being able to roll into the throttle and just have it pull straight up any hill you threw at it. I figure for the money I'd have to throw at the Powerstroke to get that feeling out of it, I'd be well on my way to having an already strong-running Cummins in my truck, and have a cheaper and easier to maintain truck when I get done.

Anyway, it'll probably be this fall before I get started, I'm still doing my research for now, but I wanted to say "hi," and thanks for all the good information.
JDC
smoke screw?

Return to Welcome