Hello from Alabama

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hello from Alabama

Postby llilillill » Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Greetings all,

I’m the proud new caretaker of a one-owner 1990 D250 that I found using Autotempest. I’ve been looking for a first-gen for quite a while and when I saw this one, I thought, “Man, this is too good to be true.” The exact truck I was looking for, found it in one search, on a whim using a site some guy mentioned in a youtube video I was watching.

I drive truck, so it was a nerve wracking week before I could get down to Florida to get it. All the while going, “Please don’t be sold... please don’t be a scam... please don’t get stolen (the guy listed his address on CL :shock: )...”

Anyhoo, now the work begins. It is in very clean condition with no rust, but does have some minor body damage on both doors and one fender. It’s also in need of a transmission rebuild—the ol’ Getrag is popping out of 5th when you let up on the throttle. Other than that, it runs and drives perfectly.

Looking forward to learning about my new toy.
llilillill
fuel pin?

Re: Hello from Alabama

Postby PToombs » Sat May 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Welcome to the site! There is a ton of info here, if you can't find something, just ask!
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby laneends » Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 am

Welcome! Lots of info on this site. I was planning my build before I even bought my truck. Alas, I too have a getrag with 5th gear issues. Mine won't come out of 5th unless you move toward reverse, oddly, I used to have trouble getting into 3rd then suddenly that disappeared, and now gets stuck in 5th...
1990 D-250 with getrag 360: pyro, boost, volt, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and water temp gauges, hot screw, 366 gov spring, THD pin, M&H dynamic timing spacer, throttle linkage adjusted for full travel, 4" turbo back exhaust, THD's LPPLP, BHAF, south bend clutch. THD 5x13 comps, 362sxe, 3" crossover, pump to the head
laneends
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Welcome
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby MicksJunkyard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 pm

I have drove many miles to pick up vehicles most recently KY to New York and back. I know what you mean about it being nervewracking because the reality that you could be investing time and money into such an unknown situation. Glad it worked out for you tho and look forward to contributing and reaping the benefits of this site with you.
1993 dodge d350 2wd/dual . Converted auto to NV4500. DIY air intake, fixed all the leaks and now ready to upgrade
MicksJunkyard
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Welcome