Hi Everyone

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hi Everyone

Postby Cummins Driver » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Hey guys and gals. Long time 2nd gen cummins owner here but I like them all. I owned a 91 W250 about 9 months ago. Sold it and kind of got the itch for another 1st gen just recently. Within the same week I had picked up my new to me 1st gen. A 93 A518 with 243k miles. Totally stock. Never had the pump touched and still has the factory muffler. Truck is pretty rust free and aside from the body damage on the passenger door and fender, its in pretty good shape. Have only test driven it and hauled it home so far but hope to be driving it some soon. I was looking for a single cab 2wd but the club cab will be nice in the way of room, and being as it sits low to the ground I may haul my RZR in the bed instead of trailering it as much. And it may get turned up a little ;)

And my old W250:

Last edited by Cummins Driver on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cummins Driver
smoke screw?

Re: Hi Eveyone

Postby spencerdiesel » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 am

Welcome! Solid looking trucks, I'd like to get me a 2wd 5 speed one day for mpg
1992 W250, 5 speed, 4.10, Ext. cab Ext. bed, 12.5k winch, 75 gal. fuel tank

H1C/18

Fuel: THD 6x10 VCO sticks, THD 12 psi piston pump, THD fuel pin, 366 spring, fuel screw 2 turns in, timing to the head/ >1/4”
Muffler delete

Minimum 60% WMO full time since Sep. 2018
spencerdiesel
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Not a bad looking truck! 8) I'd like to find me an extended cab with AC. I'm getting tired of being crammed in the regular cab with no AC on my road trips! :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Cummins Driver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanks guys. Spencerdiesel, I think im going to drive this some stock and keep an eye on the mileage just to see what it gets. The auto may hurt it some but its still a lighter, lower truck than im used to so im wanting to see what it will do for mileage.

PToombs the A/C seems like it may work in this truck. It has some charge in it and the compressor kicks on. It isnt getting very cold but im thinking it may just need charged so ill be doing that soon. I really like having air. lol

Havent put it on the road yet, but I noticed driving it in my subdivision it has a low speed shake. Almost kind of like carrier bearing. I need to check into it. Seems to smooth out after 10mph or so. Im sure it'll have a few bugs to work out but it runs like a top.
Cummins Driver
smoke screw?

Postby BC847 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Welcome! 8)
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby PToombs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Cummins Driver wrote: Havent put it on the road yet, but I noticed driving it in my subdivision it has a low speed shake. Almost kind of like carrier bearing. I need to check into it. Seems to smooth out after 10mph or so. Im sure it'll have a few bugs to work out but it runs like a top.

It may also be a bad u-joint or a broken belt in the tire.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Cummins Driver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 pm

BC847 - Thanks!

PToombs wrote:
Cummins Driver wrote: Havent put it on the road yet, but I noticed driving it in my subdivision it has a low speed shake. Almost kind of like carrier bearing. I need to check into it. Seems to smooth out after 10mph or so. Im sure it'll have a few bugs to work out but it runs like a top.

It may also be a bad u-joint or a broken belt in the tire.

Yep, I'll have to look into it. I did kind of lay under it and shake around on the u-joints but I didnt have it raised up to where I could actually get under it to check everything out good. Could very well be a tire too. I have a nice set of 245's on 2nd gen chrome wheels I may put on the truck so I can fix that pretty easily, but this truck has pretty new front tires. The rears arent too good though. Hope to get to spend a little more time on it soon. We just bought the wife a 2010 Dodge Nitro 4x4 with head gasket issues and I've been working on it after work most of the week. Got it all tore down tonight and will have to get the heads to the machine shop soon but once I take them Ill have some extra time to look at my truck :thumright:

The junkyard 2 miles from my house has a pretty nice passenger door for $150 plus my old one. That may or may not be a little steep but I would like to fix the door and fender at some point so im considering going after work tomorrow and trying to get it. Its red though and id have to at least spray paint it white for the time being so that it didnt look too bad. I can easily buy an aftermarket fender but i feel like doors will be harder to come by.
Cummins Driver
smoke screw?

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby PToombs » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I don't think that's a bad price on the door, sounds right in the ballpark. Parts are hit and miss, you need a door and won't see any for months, find one and 3 or 4 pop up. :lol:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Bersaglieri » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Details on the black dually?! It looks like a worker.
1997 Ram 2500 P7100 6BT - G56 - Dana
2002 Excursion VE 6BT- Allison - Sterling
Bersaglieri
fuel pin?

Return to Welcome