Hi - New barn find owner

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hi - New barn find owner

Postby Hatya » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hello everyone

In 1994 my grandpa bought a used 93 D350 dually and a few years later he had a debilitating stroke. Gramps and I where best friends and this was a very hard time for the entire family. Overtime we lost gramma and gramps moved in with my mother. Mom had some issues and became estranged from the family and because of this i didn’t get to see very much of my gramps. Gramps ended up living a very long time until just last year he passed away, and this year mom passed away.

Over all these years i never gave much thought to the truck. My brother and I have inherited the estate, and went out to look at all of the properties and see what all was still around. We went by my grandparents house and sitting in the garage was my grandmas 76 Cadillac Eldarado convertible. It’s been parked for well over 25 years, sadly the interior is on very bad shape. All of the rubber is gone and the plastic fender and quarter panel caps are cracked and shot. You can just crumble them with your fingers.

The house was just horrible and it was sad to see everything i knew from growing up in such bad condition. So my brother and I decided to go look in gramps pole barn and see what was in there, kind of expecting the same thing we had seen in the house.

To our surprise we found gramps 93 D350 dually sitting under a few boxes with stuff piled all around it. THe battery was missing but that’s all i could see missing. I looked at the plates and the last time it was plated was 2004.

I spoke with my brother and told him i wanted the truck and he had no issues with this.

Here is a video I took of the truck the day we found it,

https://youtu.be/zWNfB4G25eQ

I have since put a battery in it, and i don’t think it took 1 full revolution to fire up lol..

After getting the tires filled and giving it a once over I ended up driving this truck home 2 weeks later, the drive was about 50 miles. THe truck ran great, 1 brake caliper stuck for a little bit but it broke loose on the way home. It needs what you would expect, tires hoses belt and so on. I’m also just going to replace the entire front suspension and anything else that looks iffy.

I have to say the truck is cool, and knowing it was my gramps makes it cooler.
Hatya
smoke screw?

Re: Hi - New barn find owner

Postby Richie O » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Nice shape. It has a banks 3 gauge pod too on the dash. They are hard to find now.
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby ellis93 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:33 am

That is a sweet old truck. No doubt it will be a good one as well
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby thrashingcows » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Sorry about the loss of your Gramps....but I'm sure he would be thrilled to know you have the truck and are going to give it some love and use. Great truck, cummins/5spd, Ex cab and a dually with a nice canopy and that big accessory tank too boot!

Post up another vid or pics of it all cleaned up and running when you get a chance. ;)
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby MicksJunkyard » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 am

MAAAAAAN!!! that is friggen awesome!!! what an amazing find both for the sentimentality and the obvious cool factor. You should post a pic of the cadillac too! very cool these trucks are actually fun to work on.
1993 dodge d350 2wd/dual . Converted auto to NV4500. DIY air intake, fixed all the leaks and now ready to upgrade
MicksJunkyard
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Welcome