Steering dampers

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Steering dampers

Postby Mark Nixon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 am

Hansen01 wrote:if my injection pump ever gets back from the pump shop id let you guys know if there worth it, but at this rate its never coming back :roll:

Andrew or I could have fixed the problem in very short order and been way more friendly about it.
Who will you use next? :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby Hansen01 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:44 pm

You mark, your next on my list of people to call, lol my turbo leaking more and more oil into my intercooler and need to get a deal worked out with ya :lol:
PS: drove the truck today and steering dampners definately helped with the drivability, bandaid or not i like them :D
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Postby REBELHIGHBOY » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:50 am

My old f150 on unbalnced 33 swampers had no stabilizer and all i did was run the high way with it, No shakes or shimmy like a few people have said its more of a bandaid for a real problem
REBELHIGHBOY
fuel pin?

Postby scottdevall@yahoo.com » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:52 pm

so i now that a steering damper is a band aid for problems.
but when a person like me that has all new steering part minus the column. And now wanting to just have the tightest steering possible would the damper tighten it up a little more.
and after reading one of the post about stress on the steering parts, so in esence wouldnt having a steering damper make the steering last longer because the damper takeing the abuse
scottdevall@yahoo.com
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Hansen01 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm

scottdevall@yahoo.com wrote:so i now that a steering damper is a band aid for problems.
but when a person like me that has all new steering part minus the column. And now wanting to just have the tightest steering possible would the damper tighten it up a little more.
and after reading one of the post about stress on the steering parts, so in esence wouldnt having a steering damper make the steering last longer because the damper takeing the abuse

in theory if you put them on it should take some of the jolt out of your wheel, and make your steering box last a little longer
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Postby chicknnhead » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:16 pm

thanks for listing the part numbers, it makes my search a little easier. mine has the orginal on it
chicknnhead
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Fred_M1010 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 am

Hansen01 wrote:in theory if you put them on it should take some of the jolt out of your wheel, and make your steering box last a little longer

Not just in theory.
As I said earlier, that is what they are designed to do.
-91.5 W250
Fred_M1010
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Chassis