Brake pedal not returning

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Brake pedal not returning

Postby slow_90firebird » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 am

Hi guys I just took the truck out of the garage yesterday after doing a front brake job... New pads rotors calipers, 1 oversize key, new hoses, new axle brake lines. I also installed a new vac booster at the same time but left the master hanging on the lines... I only bled the new calipers out but that went fine I got a solid stream outta each one almost back to the rear tires haha. So I feel like all the air is out.

but now when I hit the brakes the pedal is very slow to return and actually it will keep slowing the truck down for approx 1 sec after I lift off the pedal. I feel like the problem might be in the new brake booster... It definitely works better with the truck on and doesent hiss when I hold the pedal anymore...

Is there a procedure to adjust the rod inside the brake booster? Because I just slapped the master back on and bolted it up...

Thanks
slow_90firebird
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Brake pedal not returning

Postby Diesel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 am

I had the same and it was the master. Got a brand new bendix and it all went away. I want to say you should look at your master and rule that out before you buy other stuff.
1991.5 D250 Intercooled A518
Diesel
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis