Front Brakes

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Front Brakes

Postby mitchk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 pm

thanks alot. guess i got a bit of reading to do. i got alot of work to do this weekend (Turbo rebuild, KDP fix, Pyro install, change all fluids) looks like i got another thing to add to the list
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Postby slow_90firebird » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am

Just so you know, napa sells oversize caliper support keys. They are not listed by application. There is a Wagner TSB you can find on google, with the procedure for measuring the gap and the Wagner part numbers. Take the Wagner part number and use napa's website to cross reference it.

For the shake, check all your u joints and also your rubber carrier bearing if your driveshaft has one. Also if you drive with the hubs locked that can cause the front shaft to make a shake also, especially if truck is lifted...
slow_90firebird
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mitchk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm

I know this isn't where I should post this but I just have a quick question. Trying to take off my turbo to rebuild it and looking for some tips on how to remove the bolts from the exhaust manifold. Been soakin them in PB for a while now but they don't seem to want to come loose. Thanks
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ellis93 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Torch? Heat them up but not cherry red if your gonna reuse them
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby mitchk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks. That's what I figured I was gonna have to do just didn't know if there was Mabey an easier way. And are they just a nut on threads or is it a bolt that goes thru the flange.
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ellis93 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Mine were all studs
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby mitchk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

back to the shake my truck has. I checked everything up front and it all seems ok. nothing loose or broken but i did notice my steering shaft has alot of play. i feel like this is whats causing the shake im just not sure cause i would think if it is it would shake constantly rather than only at certain times. Im thinking of upgrading it anyway to a Borgeson shaft from genos but they have two of them and im not sure which one to get. One has two u-joints and the other only has one. Whats the difference between the two. thinking of going with the one that only has one u-joint just cause its cheaper and im pretty tight on funds. thanks for any help
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Postby comotionman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 am

mitchk wrote:back to the shake my truck has. I checked everything up front and it all seems ok. nothing loose or broken but i did notice my steering shaft has alot of play. i feel like this is whats causing the shake im just not sure cause i would think if it is it would shake constantly rather than only at certain times. Im thinking of upgrading it anyway to a Borgeson shaft from genos but they have two of them and im not sure which one to get. One has two u-joints and the other only has one. Whats the difference between the two. thinking of going with the one that only has one u-joint just cause its cheaper and im pretty tight on funds. thanks for any help

what model truck do you have?
coupla trucks non & ic, 2nd gens, various other
comotionman
fuel screw!!!!

Postby BILTIT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 am

I run the borg shaft with one joint, works fine. I think it helps isolate vibrations more at a slight loss of steering feel over the double joint. It will be easier to install aswell.
Derek B.
2003 QuadCab, Tater 62/65 341cw, Smarty Touch SW9, Full Billet trans.
91.5 W250, coolertubz, HE351CW, PS IC, Alcans, GVOD, Valair DD, bags, crossover.
1974 Pontiac Ventura,best of 11.97 at 112 so far.
Aluminum heads and roller cam on the way.
BILTIT
14mm rotor

Postby mitchk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm

its a 93 w250. Looking at the two last night i noticed that the one with one u joint still has the rag joint(thats the flat piece at the end of the shaft? still new to some of this so correct me if im wrong) which is what im guessing makes it easier to install. thinking of going with that one considering the easier install and cheaper price. thanks
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Chassis