first gen B&W turn over ball..

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

first gen B&W turn over ball..

Postby Xjeepyjx » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 pm

can someone post pics of there b&w turnover ball? i wanna see how it mounts, i dont have much room between the bed and the frame... im thinking of building my own but wanna see what b&w looks like. thanks
-Sam
early 91 8W350 cab/chassis converted to pickup

Mechanical difficulty… can always be whipped.
-Clessie Cummins
Xjeepyjx
fuel screw!!!!

Re: first gen B&W turn over ball..

Postby little doug » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 pm

93 W250 LE extra cab, 5 speed,warn winch, tach,piro,boost gauges. Gov.spring and fuel pin... Play truck
-91 W350 LE reg cab chassis.exxxxtended 175"wb, banks intercooler,on board air ,5 speed,... Work truck
little doug
fuel screw!!!!

Postby kd0ezq » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:14 am

I was just like you, wanted a turn over ball but not a 400 dollar bill. I went to the local welding shop, and they made me a simillair setup. They used a piece of 8" channel iron, notched to fit the frame. Put a piece of 1/2" plate on the bottom for the ball to bolt through, put 4 1/4" thick gussetts on the bottom, and welded the nut underneath. Now I can remove the ball by unscrewing it, and replace that with a bolt to keep the threads clean. I spent $45 on the steel, $35 on the ball, and $8 on bolts....
kd0ezq
fuel pin?

Postby 89dudney » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 am

My $.02 here...Make sure not to leave the ball in very long. Dad has this hitch set up on his dually and the bridge crane, sludge hammer, and about of penetrating oil is what it took to get it out.. His theory now is when the trailer gets unhooked, the ball gets removed.
89dudney
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Xjeepyjx » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

i got mine all done back in april. sorry took so long i will post pics, i used a piece of drop freightliner frame, 4x 1/4 inch angle and a b&w flat bed kit, $175 total coat and its a hell of alot stronger than that chincy thing that b&w sells
-Sam
early 91 8W350 cab/chassis converted to pickup

Mechanical difficulty… can always be whipped.
-Clessie Cummins
Xjeepyjx
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Chassis