Vacuum accessories

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Vacuum accessories

Postby nickmwelds » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 am

I am looking for some info on our vacuum accessories. I found a sensor with a nipple for a vacuum hose that was broken off…This is a sensor with a 2 pin plug located on the driver side fender looks like an 1/8" vacuum line going to it straight off the tee after the boosters check valve. The only issue I've noticed lately is a/c will not switch from the dash vents.
So I'm trying to figure out if this silly little sensor has anything to do with the vents not switching?
If so what is it called?
Any ideas or help is always appreciated.
Not sure if I've set up my profile properly. But in case 92 D-250 I/C A-518, 98% stock, 315,000 miles.
nickmwelds
fuel pin?

Re: Vacuum accessories

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am

Its for the cruise control. If that line is loose it won't make enough vacuum to work the heater controls. You van just plug the line or try to find the box.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby nickmwelds » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Is the piece you're talking about the servo for the cruise control? If so I'm looking for a different sensor. This sensors is round and about the size of a 1/2 dollar and is screwed to fender right close to the hood pivots.
nickmwelds
fuel pin?

Postby Philip » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:27 pm

That is the switch for the low vacuum light on the dash. The ABS light normaly comes on at the same time. If the ABs box is hooked up.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm

With that hose barb broken off you are losing too much vacuum to run the AC controls. Some guys have glued that fitting back together. if you don't have lights on in the dash just plug it.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby nickmwelds » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:46 pm

My RWABS is working. Promise… and my cruise control still kinda works. Only accelerates when it's set but that was an existing condition. As soon as I found the broken hose fitting I plugged the vac hose. So what exactly is the sensor? Is my defrost not working due to a separate issue. Non vac related.
nickmwelds
fuel pin?

Postby nickmwelds » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Does anyone have a vac diagram for the cummins? I can not find one.
nickmwelds
fuel pin?

Postby PToombs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:49 pm

The sensor is the low vacuum switch to turn on the brake light in the dash and let you know you have a problem.
A diagram for under the hood or in the dash? Under the hood is easy, it goes from the pump to the booster, then to the switch, and if you have AC a small hose goes into the dash to run that stuff. Maybe someone has a diagram for that, I don't.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis