RWAL diagnostic connector location

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

RWAL diagnostic connector location

Postby KB-Cummins » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 am

Hey guys, I'm sure this question has already been asked but I didn't have much luck with the search function... The "brake" and ABS lights are on in the cab and I am trying to find the two pin RWAL diag connector under the hood to get the flash codes. I have looked everywhere I can think of and I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help me out?
KB-Cummins
fuel pin?

Re: RWAL diagnostic connector location

Postby CumminsPower59 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

No clue about the diagnostic connector......

But unplug the ABS controller behind the glove box, bypass/remove the accumilator/module on the framerail and you'll end up with better performing brakes ;)
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Is your brake pedal hard? There's a vacuum switch on the driver's side fender that set those lights off on my truck when I unplugged it. May be worth checking out.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby KB-Cummins » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:Is your brake pedal hard? There's a vacuum switch on the driver's side fender that set those lights off on my truck when I unplugged it. May be worth checking out.

Thanks for the idea, I'll look in to it. The brake pedal feels fine, I haven't had any problems with actual braking ability. So far all I've checked is the speed sensor resistance and it was within spec. It would be nice to at least have a code to work with so that I'm not chasing my tail for hours on end. :P If I can do so with out dropping a bunch of money, I have no problem keeping the system intact but if it comes down to replacing a modulator valve or something along those lines then I'll just deep six the system. :bom:
KB-Cummins
fuel pin?

Postby Philip » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 pm

The test connector is beside the hood latch attached to the bottom flange of the dash.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby KB-Cummins » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks for the info, I don't know how I missed it. I shorted out the connector but I wasn't able to get it to flash. I'll probably just disconnect the control module and not worry about it. Again, thanks
KB-Cummins
fuel pin?

Postby Philip » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:48 pm

KB-Cummins wrote:Thanks for the info, I don't know how I missed it. I shorted out the connector but I wasn't able to get it to flash. I'll probably just disconnect the control module and not worry about it. Again, thanks

That is the best thing to do. If you have not had the pleasure of your ABS working in a panic stop. Its something you don't want to learn about.

This supposed ABS system just dumps the pressure from the rear brake system. Just think of a place where you need all the braking that the truck can give. Then have the rear brakes drop out. It can get exiciting to say the least.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis