Suspension ideas for better ride quality discussion

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Suspension ideas for better ride quality discussion

Postby Horicon93 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:45 am

I have been doing a lot of research on this myself lately. I've been hopeful to find a nearly bolt-in system and am leaning towards the Pete Low-Leaf style as well. International offered the same system on single axle medium duty's from late 80's to early 90's. And I've found it on some Volvo tandems too. There are several different configurations as far as spring width, spring length, and the drop at the rear of the "Z" spring. The only concern I have is that in my application ( D350 ), there will only be 4" of ground clearance at the rear of the Z spring. I'd like to have more, in the event that I do have to get off-road for some reason.

So far, the Volvo system is the only one with an exact match measurement from the front spring eye to the center of the axle. On ALL the systems though, the front brackets are several inches too tall, so it would not be a direct bolt-on swap. And obviously, spring width is not a match to the Dodge, so our OEM front hangers would have to be modified, or custom ones fab'ed. The OEM spring perches on the axle "could" be used, as there would only be 1/4" of spring overhang on each side, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

Just my .02 worth, throwing it out there as food-for-thought.
'93 Extended Cab, DRW, 2WD, Auto, 4 1/2" stacks, Bone Stock
Horicon93
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Chassis