Brake bleeding

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Brake bleeding

Postby theoldmanW350 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:35 am

Hello all. I'm just about finished with a rear brake job. I'm gonna need to bleed the brakes of course but I remember reading here (or another forum) that I should NOT have my assistant push the pedal all the way to floor before I close the bleeder valve. Is this correct? My order of operation is RWAL, RR, LR, RF, then LF. RR being rear passenger correct? I've always bled brakes using the pedal to the floor method in other vehicles i've owned. Thanks.
1990 W350. Getrag overfilled. Stock fuel. Stock turbo. M2 fuel pin. Hungry Diesel HVLP lift pump, 2nd gen IC w/ 3" Pusher Intake. Air bag set-up, onboard air. BD exhaust brake. Almost all 4" exhaust. Autometer's. Upgrades as money allows.
theoldmanW350
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Brake bleeding

Postby DodgeFreak » Tue May 20, 2014 5:09 am

Here's how I bleed mine. If I have someone with me, I crack the bleeder open, Have the person slowly press the brake pedal down, When I think they are about to the floor I close it before the fluid stops. you can actually see the fluid start to slow. have them release and keep doing that. Once they are all bleed out that way I have them pump the pedal until its hard with the engine running and do a quick once more to make sure I have all the air out. RR is passenger rear lr is driver rear.

They do make one way bleeders which I've used on a couple vehicles which is nice. you can put a hose on the bleeder and just pump the pedal into a pan. You can also get a hose and a bottle and submerge the hose in brake fluid in the bottle and self bleed that way also.
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis