Limited slip clutches

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Limited slip clutches

Postby mitchk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 am

I recently added a denny t stage 2 fuel pin and Im pretty sure my clutch is slipping now. The other day though I was backing up my driveway and one tire was on pavement while the other was in some snow and it would only spin the tire in the snow. I don't have much experience with limited slips but it shouldn't have been spinning just one like it was, am I right? Also, after seeing that i was wondering if bad clutches in the rear end could make it feel like the actual clutch is slipping? Also, where can I find a clutch pack rebuild for the rear end. Thanks, Mitch.
Daily: 91 d350 727 gear vendors over drive, 3/8 feed line, THD lplp, maxed pump, Denny t 2, timing to head, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, arp studs, 60 horse injectors?(po), THD bahf, s362sxe

Project: 93 w250 5 speed, ground stock pin, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, THD lplp, intercooled compressor non intercooled turbine, diamond eye 4 inch, custom intake, south bend hd single
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Limited slip clutches

Postby dpuckett » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:23 pm

When our limited slip clutches go out, the axle turns into a spool. It will grab around corners, or even pop and bang when they get completely worn.

You sure you have a limited slip? Like pull the diff cover and verify? I run 2 bottles of Motorcraft friction modifier with synthetic oil. Mine is a little slow to grab, too, but I drive mostly highway, so I personally, dont want it to get too grabby.

I have bought from Randy's Ring and Pinion in the past. Good prices and service.
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Re: Limited slip clutches

Postby mitchk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 pm

It's definetly on it way out then cause it grab every once in a while around sharper turns but it's been doing fine in the snow recently.

Last time I changed the oil was probably beginning of the summer and I just used Napa gear oil and mopar friction modifier from the dealer. Was actually not to pricey if I remember. The stuff that came out definetly had some water in it though so that's probably what did it. hopefully they can hold out for a little longer seeing as I don't have much funds after buying a clutch the other day but thanks a lot for that site too.
Daily: 91 d350 727 gear vendors over drive, 3/8 feed line, THD lplp, maxed pump, Denny t 2, timing to head, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, arp studs, 60 horse injectors?(po), THD bahf, s362sxe

Project: 93 w250 5 speed, ground stock pin, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, THD lplp, intercooled compressor non intercooled turbine, diamond eye 4 inch, custom intake, south bend hd single
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Chassis