Need Help Determining if i Can Clear 37 Military Tires

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Need Help Determining if i Can Clear 37 Military Tires

Postby Cburb1988 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:25 pm

So my truck has the infamous 16.5 size wagon style wheels and sits up pretty high in the back and has the 6 inch blocks so there is a good bit of room even as is. i currently have 33s and the back has plenty room left. I am curious if i level the front with either skyjacker or alcan 4 in springs ( least thats what i think i will need) could i clear the 37 goodyear mts? Ive been told they measure a true 35.5 on 10 inch rims, if thats true then i dont see why not since with 33s i got a decent bit of room. The reason why i wanna do this is im really not trying to buy new 16 rims (500 bucks) and all new 33 or 35 tires (1200-1500 bucks) its just a crazy amount of money when i can get the 37 mts for like 500-700 bucks and be done with it at least for the time being. The old 36 bias ply are just out of the question and the newer 37 mtr measure true size and are a little pricier, the bfg and mickey thompson 37 hummer tires i dont know much about but the goodyear 37 mt seem best route.

I really dont want to try and lift the back any higher either because that would be a whole big deal, i would have to do the shackle flip, degree shims, remove blocks and install bigger leafs probably if i want a little more then factory height and i dont have money for that now although later that is something i will do, not to mention that i would have to buy even larger front leafs and have to end up getting a drop pitman arm, longer lines, shocks and everything else i believe. If i can clear these tires without a crap load of trouble this is the route i wanna go for at least the time being until i get other things going. Honestly if need be i would even be fine with shaving a little from the corners of the wheel wells but im not sure how hip i am on cutting the whole fender line out some, this isnt a jeep haha... I have some pics to help give a visual on this and hopefully someone can tell me if this seems doable, im not exactly trying to be a cheap skate but right now my trucks current tires are on there way out and i need to do something real soon, this is the easiest thing to do at least for now to my knowledge. Thanks for any help. :grin:

93 W250 LE CTD Ext Cab 4WD 5 Speed.
Cburb1988
fuel pin?

Re: Need Help Determining if i Can Clear 37 Military Tires

Postby simplysmn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:30 pm

If you go 4 in lift you should be ok for the humvee tires I would get the Baja Ta's they seam to handle a little better then the AT's They are a different height on wide wheel's so if you are running a 10 in wide wheel you should be ok .
simplysmn
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Need Help Determining if i Can Clear 37 Military Tires

Postby Cburb1988 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:19 pm

So you are saying 4 lift in front to level it out? Thats kinda what i figured with the tires on a 10 inch rim they arent gonna be a 37 to begin with and from the looks of it i could fit a 35 so i dont see why not. If i had to i would cut the bottom corners of fenders as well.
93 W250 LE CTD Ext Cab 4WD 5 Speed.
Cburb1988
fuel pin?

Return to Chassis