Dana 70 Rear Spindle Nut Thing

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Dana 70 Rear Spindle Nut Thing

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Putting my disc setup on, looking through the FSM, they talk about tapered dowels. I have the type nut that uses the same 4-tooth socket as the front, but the rears "click".
I can't find out what the tightening specs are, like tighten and back off a few clicks?
mhuppertz

Re: Dana 70 Rear Spindle Nut Thing

Postby CumminsPower59 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:17 pm

I converted the rear to use the same nut setup as the front, and used the same tightening procedure as the front too. Not sure what the clicking thing you are talking about is...
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm

This is a threaded collar with a wave washer in a cage that has a tang that fits the slot in the spindle. I haven't seen anything like it, but I would like to find the parts and convert my front because this is so much easier than my mess in the front with the disc nut that has those small holes. PITA to get it right.

Ferd Part I guess. Not sure how they got on there, but I like them better.

mhuppertz

Postby RumbleFish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Dorman offers the stock style front nuts. I think ive seen those in there as well. Probably cheaper than the dealer anyway.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis