Re-locating emergency brake pedal/ handle options

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re-locating emergency brake pedal/ handle options

Postby Begle1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 pm

In California I never needed to get my truck inspected. At some point the stock emergency brake pedal got removed for some reason, I think to fit a battery isolated down there on the firewall.

Now I'm moving the vehicle to Hawaii so I need to get a functional emergency brake again to pass their dumb safety inspection.

Anybody have any ideas on a non-stock emergency brake location or option? I have bucket seats so I have quite a bit of space to put a hand brake, anybody know of one that'd fit and be easy to adapt?

I don't really want to reinstall the pedal.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Re: Re-locating emergency brake pedal/ handle options

Postby Remps » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:24 pm

There's thousands of factory options domestic and import that have handbrakes, imo the best thing to do would be to spend a couple hours scouring a junkyard for options, and just find one you like and make it work. I'd bring a shears, small crowbar, etc, so one could cut carpet and pry things out of the way to see how things are mounted, if necessary.
'90 D250 R/C,727,IC,6x.009's,1/8" bump,fuel psi,straight pipe w/5" stack.
'90 W250 R/C,47rh,K@N,HX35,1/8" bump,2nd gen IC,boost,egt,trans temp.3.07's.
'96 2500 S/C L/B,2wd,NV5600,3.54 L/S,cai,egt,pacbrake,mbrp exhaust,10 plate.
Bring back the Bank of Canada, PRE- 1974.
Remps
14mm rotor

Re: Re-locating emergency brake pedal/ handle options

Postby Begle1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 am

I'm on Maui though, we don't have much in the way of junkyards.

What car has a good, flat, easy to adapt heavy-duty handbrake?
Or maybe the "drift guys" have an aftermarket option even? I don't want to go on THOSE websites though. I'll end up hanging a stuffed Pikachu under my rear bumper or something.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis