disc brake conversion

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

disc brake conversion

Postby A_port93 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:42 pm

has anyone on here successfully done a disc brake conversion on a srw?i consider successful as in keeping the park brake.i know you can use the mechanical parke brakes but i havent heard of anyone doing it.
93 w250 getrag 220k 60/12wg over an ht3b/26 and ddp sticks, south bend ofe
A_port93
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cummins king » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 am

theres is a company that makes a complete kit and it includes everything

http://www.egrbrakes.com/index-main.htm

call em up
joel
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby Bogie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:07 am

I have done mine using brackets from GreatLakesOffRoad on Ebay and Chevy rotors & calipers from the parts store. I mover my E brake to the transfer case. Everything works great and just the conversion cost less than replacing the drums.
1984 Dodge W350 Crew Cab 9"Lift 37" SSR's 360/NP435 D60's W4.10's

1966 Dart 273HP 4Speed 3.90's Radio/Heat Delete
Bogie
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Bogie wrote:I have done mine using brackets from GreatLakesOffRoad on Ebay and Chevy rotors & calipers from the parts store. I mover my E brake to the transfer case. Everything works great and just the conversion cost less than replacing the drums.

How did you rig the e-brake on the transfer case?
mhuppertz

Postby Bogie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:33 pm

There are a number of ways to go about this depending on how much you want/can fabricate yourself or if you want to buy it all ready done.

I first setup I built was when I converted my old Ramcharger to disc I just had my rear drive shaft set up for bolt flanges. Then I used a rear Harley rotor (worked there plentiful parts) just sandwiched in between the flanges drill bolt holes & set it there. Then I started searching for a caliper which was sort of a hassle in needing a mechanical unit for a 1/4" thick rotor. But finally it hit me small aircraft use them so I found one on Ebay fasbed up some brackets for the caliper and one for the cable all worked well.

Now I see many Driveline shops selling kits for various T/C

High Angle Driveline

Tom Woods

In case you want to DIY here's some help

Review of All Pro Driveline Brake while its made for yotas its all the same.

I have even seen a set up using a Hyd caliper & master it was actuated by the E-brake pedal in our trucks where the cable pulled on a short lever the compresses the master cylinder.

My current system in my Crew Cab is from Tom Woods

Bogie
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Bogie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:35 pm

There are a number of ways to go about this depending on how much you want/can fabricate yourself or if you want to buy it all ready done.

I first setup I built was when I converted my old Ramcharger to disc I just had my rear drive shaft set up for bolt flanges. Then I used a rear Harley rotor (worked there plentiful parts) just sandwiched in between the flanges drill bolt holes & set it there. Then I started searching for a caliper which was sort of a hassle in needing a mechanical unit for a 1/4" thick rotor. But finally it hit me small aircraft use them so I found one on Ebay fasbed up some brackets for the caliper and one for the cable all worked well.

Now I see many Driveline shops selling kits for various T/C

High Angle Driveline

Tom Woods

In case you want to DIY here's some help

Review of All Pro Driveline Brake while its made for yotas its all the same.

I have even seen a set up using a Hyd caliper & master it was actuated by the E-brake pedal in our trucks where the cable pulled on a short lever the compresses the master cylinder.

My current system in my Crew Cab is from Tom Woods

Bogie
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Chassis