Camber, do my own 'alignment'?

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Camber, do my own 'alignment'?

Postby bgilbert » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm

I just installed the Moog 7226S coil springs, front shocks and new lower balljoints in the crew cab. Me as usual, always in a hurry, didn't take a before measurement :roll: . It sits higher from memory lol, but how much, we'll never know.

Anyways, now both wheels are out of alignment. The camber on both of them is bad. I believe camber is the tilting in or out from center, if I remember right from reading the book. Not toed in like a Dmax pulling the sled. IIRC, the book says the adjustment is in the eccentric bolts in the upper control arms. Is this something I can do myself to get the wheels in the ball park or at least visually straight up and down. I mean right now the driverside is angled in towards the body. The passenger side is angled out away from the body.

Now before you say take it to an alignment shop, keep in mind I'm cheap. But mostly our spring and alignment shop doesn't like to just do an alignment. They want to rebuild the whole TRUCK. Not just a couple new parts here and there. Even then if it was a few new parts, we're talking high dollar. I just want my tires to sit straight up and down.

The way the book puts it, makes it look like its not a big deal. If I can make an adjustment or two, then set it to my liking, that would be great.
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis