Adding A/C

everything but the drivetrain

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Adding A/C

Postby RumbleFish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:16 pm

It's freaking hot out. My crew is orginally from Alaska and hence was not equipped with A/C. When I got the truck, I also got a condensor, complete heater box with the evap in it, and the lines. As far as I can tell, I have everything but the compressor sitting in my garage. I have a 93 FSM. Anybody have an idea on how difficult it would be to put all this crap on my truck, specifically doing all the wiring? Or am I crazy for even considering it?

Oh, and if it turns out I'm not crazy, where can I find an affordable compressor?
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Try here; http://www.autosupplyhouse.com/
All kinds of stuff, cheap A/C and fuel tanks, etc.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:56 pm

From what I can see on my pickup, wiring for AC would be one of the simpler tasks. If you have it, install it. Might be easier to install a seperate control rather than convert to a AC heater control unit. Might not, either.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:05 pm

I think the A/C control systems are vacuum controlled, doors and such. If you have the control head (the dash piece, whatever!) shouldn't be too bad. If not, toggle switch for clutch lock-up? :wink:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Chassis