625CFM Air Filter In a Stock Air Box (sorta)

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

625CFM Air Filter In a Stock Air Box (sorta)

Postby Ace » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:03 pm

This is one of those high degree of difficulty projects
Last edited by Ace on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

I can bottom out my filter minder with the BHAF. Brand new filter too.

Ace, isn't kind of restrictive if the filter is touching the housing? There needs to be room for the air to get to the filter.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Ace » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 am

PToombs wrote:I can bottom out my filter minder with the BHAF. Brand new filter too.

I'm sure you're burning alot more fuel than I am too, Pete! :shock: (stock I/C injectors)

As to the proximity of the box to the filter, yes, ideally there'd be more clearance, and I considered that before starting. But the box does expand out a bit towards the back with a full inch of clearance on the back side. It's nearly all open on about 1/3 of the front face now, as well. The added length portion increases clearance up to a half inch all the way around on that end, and no, it's not actually touching anywhere. There's at least a quarter inch clearance between the box wall and the surface of the filter at the closest point near the top inner portion.

In any case, it definitely made a noticeable improvement. It's getting at least one more pound full boost and the filter minder only just budges now, where before it was pulling almost halfway down. :D
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 pm

It was hard to tell from the pics. For mostly stock a 1/4 inch should be plenty of room. Good to see you're aware of it. ;)

And I'm only burning a little more fuel than you, lots goes out the stacks. :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Cool projects YOU can do