Throttle Linkage (Connects Cable to Injection Pump)

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Throttle Linkage (Connects Cable to Injection Pump)

Postby Billy Boy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Just as an FYI, the throttle linkage with the ball ends that snap over the AFC lever and the throttle cable coming through the firewall is 5011955AB (Dodge Part Number). The ball ends on my 89 were plastic from the factory and the new replacement ones are metal. I tried to buy just one ball end (the one that broke) but I wasn't able to - I was told you had to buy the whole group that includes the two ball ends, the 7 inch rod, the two nuts and a replacement ball for the pump side. The part cost me about $50 from Dodge. Hope this helps if you're looking for this info.
1989 Dodge D350 Dually, Non I/C
Billy Boy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dpuckett » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:02 pm

They are less than half that from Cummins. Sorry man. They are a good upgrade, though.

I ran some heavy wire between the bellcrank and throttle linkage for a year or so on a truck after the plastic ends gave up the ghost.

Dan
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby Billy Boy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, I guess you win some and you lose some... I broke the ends trying to make an adjustment the night before Schieds. Boy, did I feel dumb then! :oops: I wound up using a turnbuckle with a double nutted end from Tractor Supply for the weekend. It worked just fine in the pinch I was in, but I wanted the original to go back on there. Good info to know, though...hopefully it can save others some money too.
1989 Dodge D350 Dually, Non I/C
Billy Boy
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Throttle Linkage (Connects Cable to Injection Pump)

Postby jeff77indy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 am

Anyone have the linkage rod size and thread pitch handy? I would like to have it.

Thanks
jeff77indy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Gots_a_sol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 am

Here is a cheaper solution. $15 from carquest for the 2 ends, all-thread, and a package of nuts. (all fine-thread)

The rod ends are a Dorman part. DOR 115-002

The only issue is the throttle cable end will need some grinding since it interferes with the pivot for the kickdown cable. I ended up taking a bit too much and it came apart on me though, so i just welded it back toghether. (the end piece is pushed in then the outerbody is crimped around it)

I keep forgetting to get a pic of it installed. One of these days...
-Joe

00 Excursion - 12v/nv4500, he351cw, 5x12s, 366 spring, THD piston pump, 4" intake/exhaust
Gots_a_sol
fuel screw!!!!

Postby jeff77indy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

I was planning on going with the stock rod, heim joints and shoulder bolts.
I guess I'll have to take it apart to get the size and thread pitch.

Jeff
jeff77indy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby nolafishr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:44 pm

I just redone mine with the same parts, went to my local Carquest Store. Great upgrade as mine was all worn.
nolafishr
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Part numbers (old,new,cross reference)