JQ = 854 HP

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

JQ = 854 HP

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 pm

well looks like JQ did it, and now it's all over.

congrats JQ, you the man

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
User avatar
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: PITTSBURG ILL

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:35 pm

STOMP is selling the truck... :?

Jason cheated though. 342hp @ a gated 30psi... The extra was all NAWS. He was going to try it gated at 60psi.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
User avatar
oldestof11
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby dazedandconfused » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:47 pm

oldestof11 wrote:STOMP is selling the truck... :?

Jason cheated though. 342hp @ a gated 30psi... The extra was all NAWS. He was going to try it gated at 60psi.


He's selling it? Why?
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
User avatar
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 6107
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Walton, Kentucky
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Mentioned it on DTR. He is looking to put a diesel into a Suzuki project he has...
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
User avatar
oldestof11
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Northern Illinois
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 pm

I hope he is just down for a bit then gets back in the game.

JQ's truck does have big hp, and he did pull the numbers.

but to me theres just to much gap between fuel only and his drug addicted numbers.
Stomp did use some juice also, but not that much, if he sprayed as much as JQ i think the outcome would be different.

adding 500hp extra with the push of a button is like using the T/A in a tractor pull. ( cheatin is cheatin ) :lol:
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
User avatar
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: PITTSBURG ILL
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:30 am

I've never liked water/meth, nitrous, or anything like that. It's basically fake horsepower. Unless you're always driving around with full tanks/bottles, and an armed system, how good are those numbers? Dudes picking up 100 horse on water/meth look good, but what if you run out? Uncontrollable EGTs and a 100 horse drop? What good is that extra power if it's not there when you forget to fill a tank?

Maximum numbers are cool to see, but I think horsepower/torque should be judged on power that's always available, no matter what.

JMHO of course. :oops:

And congrats on the numbers, JQ. After all the smacking back and forth,it's always good to shut someone down so hard they talk about selling their truck. :mrgreen:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
User avatar
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Cheshire, OH
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby CAJUN 93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:25 am

Tacoclaw wrote:I've never liked water/meth, nitrous, or anything like that. It's basically fake horsepower. Unless you're always driving around with full tanks/bottles, and an armed system, how good are those numbers? Dudes picking up 100 horse on water/meth look good, but what if you run out? Uncontrollable EGTs and a 100 horse drop? What good is that extra power if it's not there when you forget to fill a tank?

Maximum numbers are cool to see, but I think horsepower/torque should be judged on power that's always available, no matter what.

JMHO of course. :oops:

And congrats on the numbers, JQ. After all the smacking back and forth,it's always good to shut someone down so hard they talk about selling their truck. :mrgreen:


kinda depends on the intended use of the vehicle. if huge dyno numbers are your thing than so be it. it is impressive. i'm more into drag racing so all the power adders listed are usefull to me. long distance towing or silver state classic racing requires a little different setup.

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
User avatar
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 am
Location: southeast luziana
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby oldestof11 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I have plans. Usable horsepower with no adders. :mrgreen:

Hey! A guy can dream can't he? :alien:
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
User avatar
oldestof11
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Northern Illinois
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Why is it that people always put down the bottle feed power adders? They say that its cheating, what's cheating about it? I've used NOS on gas burners to have an edge, I wanted to win, isn't that one of the main goals? You can have fun losing for just so long 8).
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
User avatar
ellis93
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm
Location: lucedale,mississippi
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:30 pm

ellis93 wrote:what's cheating about it?


ellis93 wrote:to have an edge


Went ahead and cut out the nonsense so you could figure it out. ;)
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
User avatar
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Cheshire, OH
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:
ellis93 wrote:what's cheating about it?


ellis93 wrote:to have an edge


Went ahead and cut out the nonsense so you could figure it out. ;)


I'm gonna rase the B.S.flag on the nonsene clame sir :mrgreen: what do you need twins for,LOOKS!! :P
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
User avatar
ellis93
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm
Location: lucedale,mississippi
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby AHineman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:45 pm

ellis93 wrote:what do you need twins for,LOOKS!! :P



That's one reason... :twisted:
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Crown City, Ohio
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:46 pm

ellis93 wrote:
Tacoclaw wrote:
ellis93 wrote:what's cheating about it?


ellis93 wrote:to have an edge


Went ahead and cut out the nonsense so you could figure it out. ;)


I'm gonna rase the B.S.flag on the nonsene clame sir :mrgreen: what do you need twins for,LOOKS!! :P



Sound. :mrgreen:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
User avatar
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Cheshire, OH
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 pm

See now that's a power adder. Same as folks booing a supercharger on a gas motor. Just go ahead like the gas too :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
User avatar
ellis93
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 7759
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm
Location: lucedale,mississippi
Top

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:02 pm

ellis93 wrote:See now that's a power adder. Same as folks booing a supercharger on a gas motor. Just go ahead like the gas too :lol:


Yeah, but that's a power-adder that will always be there. As far as I know, you can't legally drive around with nitrous bottles in a car, especially hooked up. What do you do to that Civic that just piped you? Ask him to wait while you hook up your nitrous bottles?

Or you could just brake-spool your twins and rip him a new one. (fantasy). :grin:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
User avatar
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Cheshire, OH
Top

Next

Return to Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests