JQ = 854 HP

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: JQ = 854 HP

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Huh, illegal is only after being caught :mrgreen: I know of several people that run it constantly here. They just can't have it in the compartment with them. The auto-bottle opener comes into play.

I just don't see what the difference is. Power is power. Ya,yours is long term,but his will require a crescent wrench and 45$ to get back. Oh and the key to it will be just how many times it get full throttle.
How many times do you really need to whoop said ricer ;)
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 pm

ellis93 wrote: his will require a crescent wrench and 45$ to get back.

Actually, the nitrous will probably only be good for a couple of runs on a charge before you need to start running bottle warmers and stuff like that to get the same power out of it. :P

I have no problems with big numbers, and do enjoy seeing them, but to consider them some sort of game-winner seems a bit skewed to me. I mean, if numbers is all you're going for, just pull it all out of the truck and mount it to a go-kart chassis with just a Cummins, trans, and rearend on it. Better yet, just pull the engine and dyno it by itself.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Dang man, your like arguing a fence post :lol:
In real world track and road conditions the tires would be up in smoke the minute the nos/ extra fuel came in :lol: but still it would be VERY impressive. No matter what anyone says, either to watch one of our trucks put out this much power or to watch a huge red dually burn its tires and do donuts, its cool. They were never meant to perform like this. Only a55 they were meant to haul was cattle,horses,and ours ;) :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 am

Fine, it is awesome to see.

Better? :mrgreen:
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 am

IMO, it would be easier on everyone if JQ had backed-up the number with at least second run.

5x25 injectors? Really? With respect to all, to me, this thing is like the two-headed cow at the local county fair. And just about as useful. :roll:
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby crewcab59 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 am

like it was said earlier, this is a dyno event, that's what this game is about, big numbers. If we went on a big snow run and I put on my 39.5's am i cheating.......no , i'm just getting an edge over my competition. my hats off to you JQ. and its guys like Stomp that keep raising the bar....nobody stays on top, or there would be no progress.
1984 gmc crewcab s/b 6"lift with 92 cummins all on 37's gauges,intercooler,pump maxed, m&h#2, timing 1/4, 3200 spring, LBD 5x14,walbro fuel pump,getrag,big air intake/4"exhaust/stacks,, htt s300g 62/65/14,60lbs v/s,studs
crewcab59
fuel screw!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:37 am

Bunch of crybabies here...

1st) He is backing it up later against STOMP. Different dyno but this is a "look at me! Bring on your A-game!" numbers. Meaning, STOMP needs to step it up slightly. :/

2nd) N2O is just fine for competition where it is legal to do so. Just like adding something to an engine that it was never designed for. Water/meth, compounds, superchargers, big injectors, bigger pump parts, etc. As long as it is LEGAL, then it is FINE! 8)

3rd) N2O is illegal NO MATTER WHAT when used on the street. Getting caught is just proof you were illegal. Think the drug dealers are legal till they get caught? Or the drunk who beats his family? Street racing? Really people... :roll:

4th) Quit WHINING and do SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Oi!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:18 pm

oldestof11 wrote:Bunch of crybabies here...

1st) He is backing it up later against STOMP. Different dyno but this is a "look at me! Bring on your A-game!" numbers. Meaning, STOMP needs to step it up slightly. :/

2nd) N2O is just fine for competition where it is legal to do so. Just like adding something to an engine that it was never designed for. Water/meth, compounds, superchargers, big injectors, bigger pump parts, etc. As long as it is LEGAL, then it is FINE! 8)

3rd) N2O is illegal NO MATTER WHAT when used on the street. Getting caught is just proof you were illegal. Think the drug dealers are legal till they get caught? Or the drunk who beats his family? Street racing? Really people... :roll:

Oi!

Who's crying. I thought we were talking :roll: You've never once raced on a public road Jon? :D
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 pm

I have when I was younger. I have matured some...

I thought it was ok until I went on my 1st accident when someone was racing, lost control, and hit a telephone pole...
Jon
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 pm

ellis93 wrote:Who's crying. I thought we were talking :roll:

No doubt, it seemed pretty civil to me.

I'm not trying to kick JQ in the nuts or anything here, I'm not a fan of nitrous in any vehicle. Is it good for big numbers? Yeah. I realize it's a dyno contest and as such the highest HP wins, it just sucks to see a truck with my turbo, Exxon Valdez injectors, and a 500 shot destroy a truck that is capable of actually doing other things. Did STOMP bring this on himself by smacking? Yup, but that doesn't mean I have to be impressed. :roll:

oldestof11 wrote:Bunch of crybabies here...

Oi!

On the legality issue, I wasn't meaning for it to be taken to that extreme. I was just mentioning it more for the nuisance it would be to have to hook up ottles every time you raced someone. Or the fact that any heads-up race would leave you without a major part of your HP scheme.

Since you feel obliged to tell us to do something about it, are you doing anything about it? If it's just nut-swinging then spare me. They're making this out to be some soap opera so you can't get offended every time someone gets an opinion about it.
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Remps » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Doesn't KTA still have the highest uncorrected fuel only hp/torque? He did say he was still waiting for someone beat his numbers before doing anything more with the yellow truck..
'90 D250 R/C,727,IC,6x.009's,1/8" bump,fuel psi,straight pipe w/5" stack.
'90 W250 R/C,47rh,K@N,HX35,1/8" bump,2nd gen IC,boost,egt,trans temp.3.07's.
'96 2500 S/C L/B,2wd,NV5600,3.54 L/S,cai,egt,pacbrake,mbrp exhaust,10 plate.
Bring back the Bank of Canada, PRE- 1974.
Remps
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes I believe Brian is still highest fuel only run and if not it's a small gap. I so want to see the old yellow truck crush 700 on fuel only.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:Since you feel obliged to tell us to do something about it, are you doing anything about it? If it's just nut-swinging then spare me.

LOL! Yep. But I also am not going to publicize everything I am doing. I am not wanting to help someone get there before me.

When I have a bit more funds, I need injectors. On top of that, I need to get parts to a machine shop. While they are there, I need to rebuild a turbo. I also need a clutch somewhere in there. :?

There, you have my recipe. Oh, this won't be your typical slap parts on and pray method. I have a disassembled VE that is getting "new" parts. I have let some out of the bag, just not all. When I get it done, I will let you know what is in it. Here is a hint, still going to be a 12mm. :bom:

I try to do everything legally and exploit the grey areas. I think I even made a comment above all this sh*t about doing something. I also jut got the truck I have been looking for.

Tacoclaw wrote:They're making this out to be some soap opera so you can't get offended every time someone gets an opinion about it.

This makes no sense. I am not offended, just tired of the 1st Gen Fuel Only click.
Jon
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Nice plan.

I'll tell you mine; tweaked pump, S362 over some S400, and 5x14s. Am I still some kind of secretive fuel-only bastard?

It's not a VE-only fuel only clique, but I don't see how you seem to think they're tiring. They acknowledge the nitrous numbers, but for whatever reason them noting that the numbers are worthless in the real world puts the dyno queens red-faced.

He made 850 horse, everyone knows it. It's an awesome accomplishment, but how usable, or attainable, is that number in the real world? :lol:
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby AHineman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:They're making this out to be some soap opera so you'll buy Diesel Power Magazine.

Fixed it for ya. :lol:

Back in the day, if it wasn't on Dunbar's Dyno at an event, it didn't count. That way everyone was there to see it and it wasn't someone getting a one up on a generous dyno. Other than saying you have more power than someone else, Jqmile's setup is about like tits on a boar hog to me. But I do realize that this was the purpose of the build. I would have rather seen it with a usable set of twins, intercooler, etc. so that the fuel only numbers were higher. But it's not my truck and mine will never make that much power. To each their own. I'm just shooting for most powerful VE powered Cummins in my driveway. Heck, even if Justin and Levi both come over to visit, I should be okay. :P
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Competition