Shutdown issue

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Shutdown issue

Postby Sutter1stgen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Not necessarily. It did it when I ran my 190s and I thought it was a fuel pressure problem. Then when I got my ddp3 nozzles on it did it as well with a low pressure piston lift pump. Then I read on another forum where bc said" you have to remember to roll off of the throttle". Now that it's second nature I don't side step with my 6x16s and Ive yet to kill the engine, that way.

Eric
Sutter1stgen
14mm rotor

Postby Cumminsfever » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:17 pm

I think I have found a cure for this shutdown issue... A special delivery valve. I have been using it successfully in quite a few 4bt pumps now and it seems to have cured them.
I have a guy that dragraced his 4bt, and after the burnout, he chopped the throttle, and it idled perfectly. Repeated it several times on back roads to make SURE it didn't shutdown. So far, no issues.
Cumminsfever
smoke screw?

Postby BC847 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Cumminsfever wrote:I think I have found a cure for this shutdown issue... A special delivery valve. I have been using it successfully in quite a few 4bt pumps now and it seems to have cured them.
I have a guy that dragraced his 4bt, and after the burnout, he chopped the throttle, and it idled perfectly. Repeated it several times on back roads to make SURE it didn't shutdown. So far, no issues.

In one of the Bosch VE books, they talk about some DVs (different from ours) that help correct a number of issues including "Combustion-Gas Blowback".

Talking about DVs . . . . .
Constant-pressure valve
With high-speed direct-injection (Dl) engines, it is often the case that the “retraction volume” resulting from the retraction piston on the delivery-valve plunger does not suffice to reliably prevent cavitation, secondary injection, and combustion-gas blowback into the nozzle-and-holder assembly. Here, constant-pressure valves are fitted which relieve the high-pressure system (injection line and nozzle-and-holder assembly) by means of a single-acting non-return valve which can be set to a given pressure, e.g., 60 bar (Fig. 13).

As an FYI: The "Retraction Piston" Bosch refers to above is whats being ground off when one goes to "Full-Cut" DVs. (As best I can see).
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Previous

Return to Competition