Thinking about pulling my '93 W250??

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Thinking about pulling my '93 W250??

Postby TRACTJDS0428 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 am

Ive had my 1993 W250 for a few years now and been playin with it for a while. Ive done almost everything on here for the VE pump and gonna do some A518 work here soon. So i have a VE with the star wheel turned, fuel screw turned, smoke screw turned and fuel pin modified. Drilled the banjos and have a low pressure lift pump to install. Its got an A518 with an ATS valve body and aftermarket cooler in the bed. Ive heard talk on here of throwing AW46 hydraulic fluid in the trans and turning up the line pressure and shift points. So here is my question, ive got a lot of stuff done to a mostly stock truck, stock pump (tho modified) stock injectors, turbo and driveline, What other things should i consider before i drop the hook? I'm thinking torque bars in the near future as well.
1993 Dodge W250, Cold Air, Borg Warner 60/68 turbo. 4" down pipe. 5x14 Injectors. Pump Mods. Airdogg II 165, Billet Fuel Tank Sump. ATS valve body, ATS converter, Pyro, Fuel pressure, Boost and Trany temp gauges. 72" T-Rex Products Long Bars. 285/75-16 Toyo Open Country M/T's. Western 9Ft MVP Ultra Mount V-Plow.
TRACTJDS0428
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Thinking about pulling my '93 W250??

Postby cmann250 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Does your rear end have the factory LS?

Traction bars- good idea. Hydraulic fluid won't make you pull any further, but it'll make a difference on the street. I thought it made a big difference in my 727. Doing those trans adjustments will only make it live longer and shift better, not pull further. However, the torque only makes it to the input shaft if it makes it through the converter. A smaller exhaust housing would help keep your engine in the power band and make it much more fun on the street.

I'd be shocked if you can hang weights, even at the county fair so you can't do much else.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby TRACTJDS0428 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Not sure what you mean by LS? Im mostly sure that everything in the rear is stock.

im not so worried about pulling farther. i know that will go hand in hand with what i do for power and getting that power to the ground. I just want to be as close to prepared as possible so i dont break too much right out of the whole. like i said im close to stock and just looking for a good first ride or two before i pour the coals to it and start building up.
1993 Dodge W250, Cold Air, Borg Warner 60/68 turbo. 4" down pipe. 5x14 Injectors. Pump Mods. Airdogg II 165, Billet Fuel Tank Sump. ATS valve body, ATS converter, Pyro, Fuel pressure, Boost and Trany temp gauges. 72" T-Rex Products Long Bars. 285/75-16 Toyo Open Country M/T's. Western 9Ft MVP Ultra Mount V-Plow.
TRACTJDS0428
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 pm

TRACTJDS0428 wrote:Not sure what you mean by LS? Im mostly sure that everything in the rear is stock.

im not so worried about pulling farther. i know that will go hand in hand with what i do for power and getting that power to the ground. I just want to be as close to prepared as possible so i dont break too much right out of the whole. like i said im close to stock and just looking for a good first ride or two before i pour the coals to it and start building up.

LS/LSD=limited slip/limited slip differential

Everything you lined out (trans fluid change, internal adjustments, traction bars) will limit breakage to some degree.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Sutter1stgen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Drop your pan and do a band adjustment too, this should be done reutinely.I'll second some good traction bars.
Eric

91'w250 with a new pump. This one doesn't chase itself around in a circle.
Sutter1stgen
14mm rotor

Postby TRACTJDS0428 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Well never been in the rear but i know it won't leave posi's on a burnout unless everything is just right.

And doing the band adjustment was in the plan too just forgot to mention it. 72 in. lbs then off 2.5 on the front band and
72 in. lbs. then off 2 on the rear band right?

Whats holding up for steel on traction bars? My cousin has a '01 24v 1000 hp p-pumped monster and he's bent some bars. if I'm gonna do it i might as well do it right.

For northern Indiana i know i don't have a chance in hell to actually compete at this point. Just want to have some fun with as little damage as possible till i get the hang of things and how the truck is gonna react.
TRACTJDS0428
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Competition