Off to the dyno

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Off to the dyno

Postby VanillaGorilla » Fri May 09, 2014 4:01 am

RCCUMMINS89 wrote:If they are a 4 hole injector, they are the wrong spray angle.... why wouldn't you think a 5x12 would be a good upgrade? Are you looking for a lot more fuel, or just a little?

I was going by the sizes being close like you had stated above. I had been thinking the spray angle might be wrong but the guy I got em from swears his truck never hazed, idk. Tell the truth I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, I'm a lot better with V8 nitrous applications lol
93 Reg cab LE 4x4 518AT, 145k and counting, pump turned up,Internal pump mods, Denny T stage 2, non IC DV's, timing bumped up, BD 40hp injectors,BHAF and me-built mandrel bent CAI,4" turbo back, Holley lift pump, new white with gold paint job, recieving more mods to tow the Duster and push this stupid WI snow.
VanillaGorilla
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 am

I have never sold a set of BD injectors... HOWEVER, my extrude hone guy is the exact same guy who builds the injectors for BD. I was talking to him one day, and I THOUGHT that he said they were a 5 hole injector.... but then again, he may have not been thinking and was thinking about the 2nd gen stuff.

But, if they are a 4 hole... that is at least part of the problem. Especially with advanced timing. I bet it does run very well with them though.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby VanillaGorilla » Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm

I guess we'll find out if it runs okay, all new turbo, trans and fuel system.
93 Reg cab LE 4x4 518AT, 145k and counting, pump turned up,Internal pump mods, Denny T stage 2, non IC DV's, timing bumped up, BD 40hp injectors,BHAF and me-built mandrel bent CAI,4" turbo back, Holley lift pump, new white with gold paint job, recieving more mods to tow the Duster and push this stupid WI snow.
VanillaGorilla
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Competition