no gov spring and a few other questions.....

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

no gov spring and a few other questions.....

Postby LOGANSTANFORTH » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:05 pm

1st Question......i installed the 3200 spring and rebuilt my pump this week but i was wondering if you was building a pulling truck with a hand throttle could you skip the gov. spring and install a solid connection????

2nd Question.....what exactly does the fly weight assembly do??? can they be lightened to open up faster???

3rd Question.....what will adjusting the governor shaft in or out do???

4th Question.....on a Ag pump i know it dosent have an AFC and most pulling sanctioning bodies dont allow them but what is the easiest way to convert a truck pump to a non AFC pump with it still looking like a truck pump.......
THEY PUT THEM ON A PLANE TO SOME STRANGE AND FOREIGN LAND, THEY SAID GOODBYE TO MOM AND DAD AND HELLO TO UNCLE SAM, THEY NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN THEY MIGHT HAVE TO KILL A MAN, THEY DID NOT SLEEP A WINK THAT NIGHT BUT THEY WON FOR UNCLE SAM
LOGANSTANFORTH
fuel screw!!!!

Postby SChandler » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Don't know about the first three, but for #4 just remove the AFC lever. Been done almost as often as the gov. spring swap and sounds about as easy. Lots of people here have done it. Since the AFC lever (or foot) is internal to the pump, they'd have to tear down your pump to know. Lots of bottom end smoke is associated with AFC removal, but everbody knows old diesels smoke alot :lol: .
1992 W250, 300k, Getrag, BHAF, 4" exhaust, DDP fuel pin, Isspro gauges, +3 on the fuel screw, 3200rpm gov. spring, 16cm^2 housing
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/dieselsam250/
SChandler
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Some place I saw a post that said a solid link instead of a spring is not fun to drive. I think it was ok for the track though. When you wack the throttle, it's WFO, instantly! :shock:

The weights cut fuel, the 3200 spring has more tension, takes more rpms before fuel cuts back.

Adjusting the shaft does nothing.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:39 pm

it would be very hard to find a ag head for the pump they fit but there completly difrent and there many of them

sombody try the direnct link not fun wip lash :lol:

dont think you want to touch the wieghts got to be perficly balanced

what i did was cut the top of the pump off and taped it with 1/2npt or dual feed and cace pressure gauge

hold on i got a pic somewere

93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Return to Competition