Drag Racing

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Drag Racing

Postby mhuppertz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Well, I met my son and his friend at the drags Saturday night, not intending to run my truck. It was grudge night, and at least 1/4 of the vehicles racing were Cummins!!!! (I was the only 1st gen). Well, a man can only take so much temptation, so I paid my $15 (along with my son's '93 Grand Cherokee and his friends '90 Honda), unloaded the weed eater, gas can, spare tire etc. after being tech'ed, and went at it. Behind the seat I had sever hundred pounds of computers, laptops, tools, and other crap, so I knew I wasn't going to run very fast, but, what the heck. The first run I left in 1st after spoling the turbo with the heel toe method. That was a mistake, because my axle hopped half the way down the track. I speed shifted 2-3, and 3-4 and my clutch let me know it's displeasure by stinking me.

The second run I left in 2nd Gear, but didn't spool it as hard which got me my best time of the night, but not my best MPH. Has I not lost so much traction I would have beaten the 3rd Gen I was racing (stacked and chipped), and nearly ran him down at the end. The 3rd run I decided to let it all hang out spooling it as hard as I dared before the launch. My son said that they could see light under my axle it was hopping so badly! I should have launched it in 4x4 but I was afraid, since I was already tempting God as it was. In retrospect though, I think the severe axle hop was probably harder on it than a 4x4 launch would be.

My time were embarrasing, but so were everyone elses because the drag strip is at 6,000ft with and adjusted air density of nearly 10,000ft (because it's so hot and dry). My best E.T. was 16.473 (uncorrected) and best MPH was 86.39. :oops:

My son and his buddy got paired up for the last race, my son left .3 later than his friend, and that's what his frien beat him by! They ran 19 flat.

I'm pretty sure my truck has 14's in her the way she sits now that I pulled the 400lbs out of the back, and if I left spooled in 4x4.... I'm not doing it again though until I have a daily driver. :roll:
mhuppertz

Postby mhuppertz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:02 pm

I just got a clarification from my son. He (and his buddy) said the WHOLE BACK END of my truck was jumping over a foot off the ground leaving the line!
Time for a 4x4 launch!
mhuppertz

Postby PToombs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Cool! Going again next weekend? :lol:
:worthless:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 pm

PToombs wrote:Cool! Going again next weekend? :lol:
:worthless:

I want to, but I blew one of my front spring packs. I have a nice set of leveling springs that I HAVE to put in first. I don't want to take a hard right turn when the u-bolts twist on the left side!

I'll get pictures next time.
mhuppertz

Postby PToombs » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Awww Mannnnn! :cry:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 89silverbullet » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 am

hey there are friggin new gas burning trucks that cant run faster that 17 stock. dont be hard on a 20 year old diesel!
1989 d250 muffler delete diaphram turned, fuel screw turned, the lowes special intake
89silverbullet
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 am

89silverbullet wrote:hey there are friggin new gas burning trucks that cant run faster that 17 stock. dont be hard on a 20 year old diesel!

True, and the gassers don't weigh 7K either!
mhuppertz

Return to Competition