New to making power

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby RumbleFish » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 pm

you need to host the pics online somewhere, photobucket is great for phpbb boards like this. copy and paste the address of the pic and put it between this --->

it should look like that^^^ but without the space between the url and the [/IMG]

removing that space will post a pic, like this VVV

hopfully your pics arent as huh? as mine are.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:54 pm

rnr, when you get ready to turn it up some, let me know. I'm pretty sure the club be having another wrench day in the fall.
We can do it then, or wait until the spring wrench day.
You can get all the info here, www.upstatebombers.com That's the NY club website. We have some cool smilies too. ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby sdstriper » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:55 pm

PToombs wrote:Cam plug is in the rear of the block, on the cam galley. Like a soft plug, little different. They are just a dish shape, like you pushed the center down with a finger. The new ones have an o-ring you put in, then the plug seals against that. Install with some loctite, then whack with a hammer. :D

The o-ring is designed for use in the STORM block if I am not mistaken. Any concerns using it in the old style block?
1989 D250, 727, 3.07, BHAF, 4" exhaust, Usual Suspect Gauges, tuned VE, OSPP
sdstriper
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Not that I know of. Signal 73 on TDR had a plug put in his, it lasted about 2 days before it started to leak. Back to the shop, and they put in the new style. No problems since. He's got twins and makes big power with it too.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby VEfreak » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 pm

No one makes a triple pod for our truck but here is one that i've heard fits very well with some trimming and shaving

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTOMETE ... 0270186202

If your looking for the most power possible, on a two grand budget, buy a torque converter, probably a shift kit, a turbo compressor upgrade(which can still be had from gillet diesel, gauges and the pod listed above, and max out the pump. Also get a governer spring and put a valet switch on there. If you want to keep egt's low and the budget small, don't worry about injectors. The non intercooled truck injectors move plenty of fuel. If your confused about anything i said just ask about it and i'll explain it more clearly. What i just said above is my personal opinion of what i would do with a two grand budget and other may do it differently.

P.S. Make a BHAF(Big honking air filter) set up. Much cheaper than buying an after market setup. If you have welding skills, do your wallet a favor and make your own exhaust.
VEfreak
fuel screw!!!!

Postby JQmile » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:46 pm

If you're going to go towing, I would put an ebay water to air intercooler on it, and also get a lift pump for reliability.
1989 D250 2wd. Scheid 14mm VE pump and 5x25's, J&H Performance 47RH trans with Suncoast manual valvebody, dual wastegates, 62/65/14 S300, NX Dual Stage nitrous, 487 on fuel, 972 on the jug.
JQmile
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Competition