My Weekend In Pics... Sled Pulling And Burn out Competitions

Sled-pulling, Drag results, Dyno results

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

My Weekend In Pics... Sled Pulling And Burn out Competitions

Postby RSWORDS » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Well it was a very eventful weekend... Started out Saturday with the Southern Shootout Truck Pull and like an idiot I took a decent set up with the pulling truck and switched it up for the last pull of the season. I took off the all-terrains and put some mud tires on the truck looking for some more bite... Well I got plenty and that along with the most gripping track all year led to some HUGE wheel hop when the pan dropped at the 200' mark... Being the last pull I said F-it and kept in it (got all winter to fix it thinking) and the hitch made a speedy departure from the truck at about 215'... Oh well...

Oh and this old 7.3 was there and it was AWESOME!!!
RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Then on to today... My wife had a girl at work that was running in a local Demo-Derby so we went... Well before we leave she hops on the net and sees that they are having a burnout contest... Hmmmmm.... The pulling truck is still on the trailer..... So We go... I enter.... And I win!!! $150 and a trophy to me!!! Beat out some pretty stiff competitors too. Some guys had there beater Demo cars but there was a few who were serious. A guy had a full on Dakota Race truck there (it was SWEET!) and I thought for sure that he had won but the crowd seemed to fall for the charms of the 1st gen! CUMMINS POWER FOR THE WIN BABY!!!

Some before and afters of the tires, I wanted to go until they poped but the guy waved me out the box. At one point I looked down and the speedo was pointing straight down. :D
RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Good job Bob! :lol: You'd fit right in with us out here! ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks Pete... I was hoping for some more smoke but being in a water box there was almost NO resistance... Hell I only pulled like 20lbs of boost and teh EGT's never made it over 1200*[/code]
RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:17 pm

RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Hey that was pretty good! The dakota didn't impress me none. All engine noise and not as much smoke as you put out. ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Raymo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:18 am

That was sweet! You deff took it by a lot tho, gotta love those mud tires! I was more impressed with the derby car than the Dakota lol
'94 Chevy 3500-HD cab and chassis- IC Cummins, Getrag, NP205. 60 front, 80 rear- 4.10's.
Raymo
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cummins king » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Bahahahahaahaha

You guys get board real easy down there or something. Thats some funny stuff
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am

Yeah we get real bored... Watch the othe part of the video on you tube... They have an appliance race and an Endoro... It was a fun day
RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby GO OVRIT » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Alright Bobby...I really appreciate you calling to tell me about it the day after you went. :x That was some funny stuff. Was that Niel Steel anouncing?
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:00 am

GO OVRIT wrote:Alright Bobby...I really appreciate you calling to tell me about it the day after you went. :x That was some funny stuff. Was that Niel Steel anouncing?

Sorry Man... I had no clue I was going until aout an hour before you left. Besides... you had church. You did alot better were you were at then I did were I was at. Yours will pay off more in the long run.

On an up note if you look in this pic you can see that the suspension stops you made are holding up REAL good and considering the beating I gave the Sat night bouncing I think I will keep them!

RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Postby GO OVRIT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:44 pm

RSWORDS wrote:
GO OVRIT wrote:Alright Bobby...I really appreciate you calling to tell me about it the day after you went. :x That was some funny stuff. Was that Niel Steel anouncing?

Sorry Man... I had no clue I was going until aout an hour before you left. Besides... you had church. You did alot better were you were at then I did were I was at. Yours will pay off more in the long run.
]

Actually I skipped and went to the Annapolis boat show... ;)

I'm glad to see all the welds held on that hitch too. :shock:
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Postby RSWORDS » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 pm

GO OVRIT wrote:
RSWORDS wrote:

]

Actually I skipped and went to the Annapolis boat show... ;)

I'm glad to see all the welds held on that hitch too. :shock:

The welds held on the hitch fine... The tube was not up to par though :D
RSWORDS
14mm rotor

Return to Competition