Looking for an A518 non-lock-up overdrive electrical plug

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Looking for an A518 non-lock-up overdrive electrical plug

Postby Begle1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:16 pm

I need a wire plug/ insert for my non-lock-up A518 transmission. (2 pin, overdrive only, not 3 pin like most I find in junkyards are.)

I've had a cut-down Molex connector RTV'd in there for the past 5 years all redneck-style and now I can't make it work anymore so I want to do it the right way.

I'm sure it's like an "Amphenol A7256" or some crap if I was all up-and-up on my electrical connectors...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Re: Looking for an A518 non-lock-up overdrive electrical plug

Postby Begle1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:03 pm

1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:21 pm

So I paid the $39.80 for the PATC connector. (White/ beige connector in attached picture.)
IT WASN'T THE RIGHT ONE.

I called to ask about it, the guy cut me off immediately like I was asking a FAQ, and said something along the lines of I just had to wiggle it some more.

It took a few weeks of asking but I found ConnectorExperts.com, who hooked me up with the right connector for only $50.00. (Black/ red connector in attached picture- at least it came with a free pen.)

See the difference between the two?

(I should mention that my transmission came from Suncoast so it might be some Frankenstein'd thing with a non-OEM connector. But ConnectorExperts dude seemed to really be a connector expert.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby Ace » Sun May 22, 2022 6:23 pm

Service after the sale is a thing of the past.
Ace
14mm rotor

Return to Transmission