Stand alone 727.

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Stand alone 727.

Postby Rebel Ram » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 am

I found and picked up my doner truck last week. A 93 wrecked auto. My plan is to get back my 76 ford truck I sent to my Bro in Oregon because I couldnt smog it here. I will be removing all the AC hardware from the engine and running aftermarket guages for everything. Deleat the heater grids and Shutoff solenoid so this will be a 100% non computer project. However, I want to use the 727 in the swap. Any info on how this will work with all the electrical plugs on the trans. Do they come from the computer?
I wont mind installing a "manual" OD switch as long as I can get normal 1-3 action.

PS. If anyone needs various and sundry accessory under hood or dash parts let me know. This truck is totaled from the door hinges back. Perfect in front.
"Big Ugly"-93 3/4 T extra cab 4X4 5 speed
"Big Hips"-92 1 Ton reg cab 4X2 Auto
"The ohwun"-2001 3/4 T quad cab 4X4 auto
Rebel Ram
fuel screw!!!!

Postby wannadiesel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

Shutoff solenoid is run off the ignition switch, just use the coil wire. :)

You have a 46RH (AKA A518), not a 727.

Power to the blue wire and ground on the other one will give you OD if the trans is in 3rd. Simple as that.

The other plug has the NSS and reverse light switch in it.
'93 D350 LE Club Cab dually, Getrag, 3.54 Pow-R-Lok with: DPS EDM's, HTT Stage IV/14wg, Con-FE, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, custom fuel pin, Walbro secondary fuel system.

Best dyno: 408/844
wannadiesel
diesel guru

Postby Rebel Ram » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:25 pm

wannadiesel wrote:Shutoff solenoid is run off the ignition switch, just use the coil wire. :)

You have a 46RH (AKA A518), not a 727.

Power to the blue wire and ground on the other one will give you OD if the trans is in 3rd. Simple as that.

The other plug has the NSS and reverse light switch in it.

Ok! Thats sounds good. So if I run 12v to the blue wire and use a switch to complete ground on the other wire that will do it? What happens if the switch is not turned off at slower speeds? Just stays in OD? What is the NSS?
Is that a two wire plug or are they bundled in with other wires?
I thought I read once that the solenoid gets 10v and 12v would eventually burn it up. Dont matter. I prefer to use a manual shut off.
How about the TPS? Will that be a non issue? So I could lose it?
Thanks for the help.
"Big Ugly"-93 3/4 T extra cab 4X4 5 speed
"Big Hips"-92 1 Ton reg cab 4X2 Auto
"The ohwun"-2001 3/4 T quad cab 4X4 auto
Rebel Ram
fuel screw!!!!

Postby wannadiesel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 pm

I believe it will drop out of OD once you hit 2nd. Maybe someone with a mystery switch will chime in here.

NSS is the neutral safety switch, there are 3 wires to that plug because it includes the reverse light switch as well.

2 wires to the OD.

Solenoid gets 12 volts, but whatever makes you happy, it's your truck. :)

There's no way to use the TPS without the computer. If you aren't using the computer then it's just one more thing in the way when you are tuning the pump.
'93 D350 LE Club Cab dually, Getrag, 3.54 Pow-R-Lok with: DPS EDM's, HTT Stage IV/14wg, Con-FE, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, custom fuel pin, Walbro secondary fuel system.

Best dyno: 408/844
wannadiesel
diesel guru

Return to Transmission