518 with no spark?

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: 518 with no spark?

Postby Mark Nixon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 pm

BC847 wrote:
jack wrote:Do not throw any thing suppose if problem not solved after doing that so what you will do that i suggesting you go to garage or car care center to fix the problem.

NOTED.

Jack, . . . . . . . thus far your've posted some interesting comments.

I'm thinking English is not his primary language, or he's doing a good job of trying to be confusing. ;)

Personally, I won't let a "shop" work on my stuff unless they agree to let me check it over before paying.
Usually they tell me to piss off under those terms. :razz:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby TRACTJDS0428 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

again i mean no offense to anyone. my thoughts are if i screw my truck up its my fault and it was mine to lose. if someone else screws it up its not like they can go out and get parts like they can for a newer vehicle. in most cases they wont replace it exactly the way it was, they will only got back to stock or as close as they can get. so in that case id rather take the chances myself.

Ptoombs

thank you for the information that helps a lot. i plan to put the injectors in anyway so thats why i ask. if it continues to be an issue i may explore the nut welded to the plunger. Do you have pictures of that mod so i can see what you did?
1993 Dodge W250, Cold Air, Borg Warner 60/68 turbo. 4" down pipe. 5x14 Injectors. Pump Mods. Airdogg II 165, Billet Fuel Tank Sump. ATS valve body, ATS converter, Pyro, Fuel pressure, Boost and Trany temp gauges. 72" T-Rex Products Long Bars. 285/75-16 Toyo Open Country M/T's. Western 9Ft MVP Ultra Mount V-Plow.
TRACTJDS0428
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Nope, no pics. I used a wire wheel and ground off the rubber, and there was a small vent hole in the face of the plunger, probably from molding on the rubber. I brazed that in and brazed on the nut, which was about the same thickness as the rubber was. I was trying to bring it back the original overall length. I wire wheeled it to remove the braze flux and crap, then polished down the face with some fine emery or sand paper.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby TRACTJDS0428 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

ok ill think about that if i continue to have problems! thank you for all the help guys. been fighting that for a couple years and was about to give up and fab up the crazy expensive external solenoid like on the industrials and p-pump trucks.
1993 Dodge W250, Cold Air, Borg Warner 60/68 turbo. 4" down pipe. 5x14 Injectors. Pump Mods. Airdogg II 165, Billet Fuel Tank Sump. ATS valve body, ATS converter, Pyro, Fuel pressure, Boost and Trany temp gauges. 72" T-Rex Products Long Bars. 285/75-16 Toyo Open Country M/T's. Western 9Ft MVP Ultra Mount V-Plow.
TRACTJDS0428
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Transmission