TV Cable adjustment

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

TV Cable adjustment

Postby cummins32 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 pm

I pulled my trans out saturday night to replace the rear main seal, and I got it all back together but cannot for the life of me get it to shift right. I take off and it shifts to 2nd immediately, and won't go into 3rd and I can't get going fast enough for overdrive. If I manually shift it I can hit 3rd but I'm not at a high enough speed to get it to overdrive still. I've searched and read everything I could on several different forums. I've tried adjusting it to factory specs and can't get it. Also the cable goes onto the little rod doo-hickey on the transmission and when it kicks down it should push that all the way back and that should go into passing gear correct ? So when the throttle returns it should bring the little rod thing back to the front towards the front of the motor ? I'm completely lost and can't figure it out at all. Any help is Greatly appreciated.
Diamond eye 4 inch turbo back, Glowshift boost, egt, oil pressure,hx35 , 3200 rpm spring, full power screw 2 turns, denny T II fuel pin, Home made Cold air intake, Alto reds and tci TC in a 518, 5x12's from diesel auto power.
cummins32
fuel screw!!!!

Re: TV Cable adjustment

Postby cmann250 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Can you post a pic of both ends of your TV cable? Or if that's a hassle PM me your number and I'll see if I can see anything from cell pics.

I've been down this road before :lol:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby cummins32 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 pm

I got it all figured out finally. The transfercase was in 4-low and my friend put the stick on and had it all messed up lol.
Diamond eye 4 inch turbo back, Glowshift boost, egt, oil pressure,hx35 , 3200 rpm spring, full power screw 2 turns, denny T II fuel pin, Home made Cold air intake, Alto reds and tci TC in a 518, 5x12's from diesel auto power.
cummins32
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Sutter1stgen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 am

With out low range being less than 2:1 I can see this happening sometimes!

Did it feel like a Allison transmission with that super low reverse/first?? Lol
Eric

91'w250 with a new pump. This one doesn't chase itself around in a circle.
Sutter1stgen
14mm rotor

Postby cummins32 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 am

It was terrible lol.
cummins32
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Transmission