Rear trans cooler bolts.

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Rear trans cooler bolts.

Postby fxr3 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:40 am

It seems impossible to Tighten bolts that hold rear trans cooler. The 4 bolts that hold it on to frame are kinda loose and when you try to tighten them they just turn.
The whole cooler seems kinda loose, but could just be rubber mounted. Hopefully the nuts are not in bed of truck, because I have 110 gallon fuel tank and tool box bolted right in the way.
fxr3
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Rear trans cooler bolts.

Postby simplysmn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:04 am

real easy to replace go too Lowes or home depo and look in the bolt section for Well Nut's 1/4-20 you will need 4 very reasonable yes they are rubber mounted and after a while they will get to where they won't tighten up any more . they mount on the under side of the bed brace on driver's side .
simplysmn
fuel screw!!!!

Postby fxr3 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Ah Ha. Good call. I never have seen any fasteners like those(besides holding up a heavy painting in drywall, haha)! Thanks, Barry

I have always wondered what the engineers did for all those years(72-93), being the changes were few, but they were busy inventing fasteners, I guess. And, of course the "guillotine" speed power windows!
fxr3
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Tacoclaw » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:23 am

^ Ha, no doubt! My truck still can't win a drag race to save its life, but I dare anyone to line up in the parking lot for a window race. :lol:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Return to Transmission