Throttle bolt.

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Throttle bolt.

Postby coolhand_luke » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 pm

My bolt on my throttle lever comes loose. It screws with my tps since its loose and won't turn the TPS. Any idea on what I should torque it down to? Also, my throttle springs broke and I replaced them with some springs but I don't think they are the right ones. Where can I find the part # for the correct IP springs. I also threw some tractor hydraulic fluid in my tranny on my fluid change, seems to work good. My temps are staying in the 140's
coolhand_luke
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Throttle bolt.

Postby Philip » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:56 am

The bolt your talking about screws into a plastic piece. With age the plastic has relaxed and won't hold the bolt setting anymore. Remove the TPS bracket. Remove the bolt get a nut to fit the bolt and screw it back together. Set the TPS and tighten your new lock nut. Do not tightened that nut down as tight as you can. It is just to hold the setting is all. If you pull the threads out of the piece of plastic. You might have problems finding a another one.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby coolhand_luke » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:11 pm

and idea where you want the little black dial sitting? I have it all the way to the left, but should it be more on the right?
coolhand_luke
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Philip » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:45 am

coolhand_luke wrote:and idea where you want the little black dial sitting? I have it all the way to the left, but should it be more on the right?

Use a volt meter to do the setting. You need .75 to 1.0 return voltage. When I had an auto in my truck it liked he 1.0 setting better. The high setting raises the OD upshift point.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Return to Transmission