Tranny help please!!!!

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Tranny help please!!!!

Postby jcmoyer2004 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:10 am

Hey guys I'm in some desperate need of some help.

I have a 92 d350 with the auto tranny with overdrive. The other day I lost my speedo and my overdrive. I replaced the VSS but used my original plug that came off the other VSS even though the new one from oreilly came with a new wire, I just couldn't find where to plug the new one into the tranny wiring harness. After all this I still don't have a speedo or OD.

My question is how tight should the large nut that bolts the VSS on be tightened (I tightened it up pretty good)? And what else could be wrong that is making everything not work? Is there a fuse or something that could has popped also? This has been extremely aggrivating for me. Also the fluid levels are good in the tranny.

Thanks for any help guys. I'm about ready to sell this thing with as aggravated as the tranny has me lol.
jcmoyer2004
smoke screw?

Re: Tranny help please!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Does it still charge?
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Re: Tranny help please!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:48 pm

I replaced the speed sensor on my newer truck and the sensor came with a pigtail. Instructions said to cut off the old end and put on the new one. I don't know why, I just did it and it worked. The nut doesn't have to be that tight, I usually just snug them by hand and then a little with a wrench.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Transmission