I think my transmission is almost dead

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby oldestof11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 pm

I did the u joints about 3 days after I got the truck. He said he did 1 already but it still had vibration.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:28 pm

What nitwit replaced the straps with those funky u-joint looking things? The yoke is supposed to have a strap that goes from one bolt hole to another, and is secured by bolts, not a u-joint going THROUGH the hole, and bolted in the back side. ANother good reason for the new yoke- some yeah-hoo likely stripped the threads, and did that cobble-up to fix it.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby nooblet » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 pm

dpuckett wrote:What nitwit replaced the straps with those funky u-joint looking things? The yoke is supposed to have a strap that goes from one bolt hole to another, and is secured by bolts, not a u-joint going THROUGH the hole, and bolted in the back side. ANother good reason for the new yoke- some yeah-hoo likely stripped the threads, and did that cobble-up to fix it.

Daniel

Well they are stronger than the U-Joint, good enough for me ;)

Chris
1990 W250 4X4 / PODs / 366 Spring / BHAF / Lockers / 35" BFG MTs / Getrag / Valair Ceramic / 3.54:1's / Phantom II Boost/Pyro / Muffler Delete

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" --T.Roosevelt
nooblet
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Transmission