How can I tell what tranny is behind my 12V?

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby Philip » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:30 am

Take the SN# down and contact B&M to see what the trans has done to it.

http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=products

A painted converter is normaly a indication of a remaned unit. I don't know what company uses yellow.
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:55 am

KTA wrote:Just get a 47RE trans from a bone yard, then put a full manual valve body on it and wire the lockup and overdrive on switches, then you have the best of both worlds, and alot more selection for parts available plus heavier components to take the extra power. :P If you did do this be sure to get the flywheel housing too as its different from the 1gen.

So you're saying that it is possible to install a 727 manual valve body for use in a 47RE/47RH/ A-618? That came up the other day and I figured it couldn't be done...

Do 47's and 48's really have any more beef than the 727's? I've never seen internals in a comparison, but I do know of plenty of 600+ HP hemi's and musclecars with the 727. (However, I've also heard of 600+ HP hemi's grenading 727's...)
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Transmission