Hmmmmmm..... Ok guru's, let me know.

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby PToombs » Mon May 12, 2008 4:08 pm

I've tried it with mine, it don't like it none! :oops: I think I'll just skip the clutch in the big truck, and use it in mine. ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dodgetkboy78 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Try a getrag with no synchro's............in the winter I leave it run a lot, when I go into the store, and such, and my wife always says.......are you worried someones going to steal your truck?

I just laugh.

Unless you have drove a non synchro, and a getrag, and can put two and two together....I doubt you will get past second gear.

As far as the roadranger swap, from what I can see, I will need to raise the floor hump about 6".
as far as the clutch, I can use my bell housing, and just have the input shaft machined, and an adaptor plate made.
there was a guy that used to live near me, with a 70 D300, with a 3208, and a 8LL with a manual dir/od box behind it, he has moved somewhere, but I need to find him, and take another look at that truck.
Also, I think, you would need to actually use the clutch when putting a RR into gear, if it was in a one ton truck, the driveline shock you don't even notice in a truck slinging 40,000 pound rears, would send a leaf spring D70 into convulsions if you ever so slightly screwed up, and it is impossible not to once in a while.
dodgetkboy78
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Transmission