Getrag guys, a request.

How they work, how they don't work, and how to fix them

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Getrag guys, a request.

Postby MMiller » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:50 pm

I need to know the measement from the back of the aluminium mount to the clutch fork front face.

I need to know if the slave cylinder is mounted on the front face of the aluminium mount.

I've installed a new SBC Con O pressure plate, disc, and new flywheel all from SBC. With the same clutch fork as before, my clutch pedal does not go to the floor before it stops, and the clutch does not disengage. I think the slave cylinder is fine and is bottoming out. If I put a washer between the clutch fork and the slave, then the pedal will go to the floor and the clutch will disengage.

I would like these measurements to compare with what I've got. I understand all will be a little different, but I need a ball park. I've talked with Peter, and he says of the hundreds of those clutches installed, he's never heard of this problem. He suggested I make the washer/spacer somewhat permanent and as the clutch wears, I can pull it out.

Thanks guys.

Michael
1993 W250, 3.55, NV5600 , Con O, bosch 185's, 4" exhaust, Super 40, pump tweaks, ground pin, Smokehouse air intake, Hamilton Cam,
1985 D350, Crew Cab, 92 cummins and a 518. 47rh to be built and installed along with 3.55 LS Dana 80
MMiller
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Transmission