voltagee regulator...AGAIN!!!???

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

voltagee regulator...AGAIN!!!???

Postby singlesmoker06 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:35 pm

so when i bought this truck evyerthing was cool and worked good, had been sitting for about 3 yrs before i got it, and then about a month later it just quit charging. i replaced the alt and external regulator, boom!!! everything works like a champ!! worked good for about another month and was driving on night and happened to look down and saw that the volt gauge in the dash was waaaaay pegged out high!! then all the sudden headlights go boom, down have anything , blew all the fuses and just quit. got it home and pulled the regulator off, went to town the next day and got a warranteed one form napa again. now its been all good for about 2 weeks of way less driving it and tonight while getting ready to go pick up my bobcat tomorrow morning, i was backing up to my gooseneck and happened to look at the gauge again (now habbit) and saw it was around 8 volts. pulled it around and checked with my good volt meter and batteries are at 10.8 volts truck off, right at 8.5 with the lights on hihg, blower on high, radio on and all that good stuff, checked the alt voltage readout and its 8.1 on top post and 9.3 on bottom post of the alt, same voltage at the plug in for the regulator.... whats the damn deal??!!! replace it again? run a hard ground to the regulator when i replace it or what? THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :x
91.5 d250 auto. $800 truck just for fun, 3200 spring, big injectors, big turbo, now have money out of pocket ....
SMOKED OUT DIESEL PERFORMANCE
817-578-5308
singlesmoker06
fuel screw!!!!

Re: voltagee regulator...AGAIN!!!???

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

There's a thread about this 3 topics down, dunno if you've looked at it or not but there's a couple suggestions in there.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical