Need help with dash vent switch/vacumm lines

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Need help with dash vent switch/vacumm lines

Postby fbabo5 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:56 pm

im not sure if im posting this in the right section but im having trouble with the vacumm lines that run the vents for defrost, heat, vent and such. the plug that connects the lines to the main switch fell apart when i was swapping wiring harnesses around and now i cant figure out how the lines are supposed to go. i put them back together from looking at my dads 90' but my truck is a 87' so i dont know if there is a difference. i only get air blowing out of the main vents. no defrost or floor. anyone know where i can find a diagram of how its all supposed to go together? could it possibly be the main switch? any help would be great. thanks.
'89 Cummins W-250, '01 intercooler, tweeked pump, time advanced, M-5 fuel pin, custom intake, throttle linkage adjusted, 366 spring, HX40 Turbo, 4" back exhaust, SDX 5x.014 injectors, 3 in 1 guage, tach, fresh head and gasket thanks to BBD, restoration complete, built A518, dynoed on old 727 tranny with 332hp and 715 ft-lbs tq
fbabo5
fuel pin?

Re: Need help with dash vent switch/vacumm lines

Postby Flat bed cummins » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 pm

If I'm not mistaken the lines just run to that plug for removal of the heater controls, the truck I was looking at in pull and save had colored ones like green red and yellow if that's the case match them up and try, our go thru your controls until the defrost works and switch them
Flat bed cummins
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical