I'm at a loss for what to do next???

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

I'm at a loss for what to do next???

Postby VEfreak » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am

Hey guy, it's been a long time but I got some serious issues with my truck that I cannot figure out for the life of me. About two months ago I had to go pull someone out of the mud because they got their two wheel drive S-10 stuck in the mud like a dumbass. My truck was running fine, like she always does, and nothing was out of the ordinary. After pulling him out I went and dropped a friend off back at his house. I turned my truck off, hung out for a while and then went out and fired my truck right up and went to the gym. After I got done lifting I came out and tried to start my truck. Nothing but clicks and some very weak attempts at turning over. I checked all the fuses and they were fine. I took my starter and battery in and had them tested. They both passed but the guy at Kragen's said the voltage draw was a little high, so the brushes might be worn. I looked for any exposed or grounded wires and found none. I changed the voltage regulator because I had a brand new spare sitting around.

After all this I still had the same problem. So I broke down and changed the starter. Same problem. I brought it back into Kragens and had it exchange for another starter. Same Problem. I changed the starter relay and the problem still persists. I've gone over the wiring again and have found no grounded out wires. I still get clicks and maybe a weak half hearted attempt at turning over. I really have no idea what to do now. Can anyone point my in the right direct?
I AM ZUES DAMNIT
VEfreak
fuel screw!!!!

Re: I'm at a loss for what to do next???

Postby RumbleFish » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

I had something similar once. The ground came off the motor mount. Did you check all you cables?
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:55 am

If you haven't already, try cleaning your battery posts and clamps. I usually just scrape them clean with a pocket knife, but they do make actual tools for it.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby VEfreak » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:33 pm

RumbleFish wrote:I had something similar once. The ground came off the motor mount. Did you check all you cables?

I feel like an idiot. I checked every cable except for the ground to the block. I honestly wish it was something trickier than I could have conceived so I did not feel like such a fool. Thank you though for your help.
I AM ZUES DAMNIT
VEfreak
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Glad it was a free easy fix! It took me a while to find mine as well lol.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical