Rear brake lights don't work

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Rear brake lights don't work

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 pm

That's the infamous "duckbill".

All the wires coming out of the right side of that thing aren't actually wires, they're fusible links. That thing can cause all kinds of problems, if you haven't had any trouble yet expect the same sort of trouble from the orange wire 2nd down from that pic when you lose all your key-on power.

No real wiring diagram to be had from it, those two wires on the left split into all those fusible links. I'll check my diagrams later tomorrow and update this with specific uses for each wire.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby D-dog357 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 am

Boy I hate the wiring mess under our hoods, what a joke! Dodge has always had terrible electrics.

I got a relay box out of a '94 and will chop out and rewire all that bull crap fuseable link junk plus incorporate all the other relays into the box to make it clean.
'92 ex-cab, A/T, 3.56, timing bumped 1/4" , 366 w/ fuel 1/2 turn past collar, smoke all the way out and a ported HX hot side. Airbox and core support drilled for more cold air.
A no budget work truck.
D-dog357
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 am

If you don't have the patience to sort through wiring, then I suggest you sell it before you burn it down.
Every manufacturer has issues of some sort and if you investigated before you bought it, you knew this.
If you checked around, or read on them a little, you knew a 1stgen Dodge CTD truck has wiring issues, not to mention that most of these trucks are 10 years beyond what they were designed to last.

Suck it up and learn like the rest of us. :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby JohnT92D350# » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:45 am

I found out that when I turn on my hazard lights that my blinkers l&r don't work an neither do my brake lights. But I don't want to fix it. I like it this way. So I would check that out to. I've also had problems with cut wires to the rear of my truck by the spare tire area. were the pos that had my truck last tap in for trailer wires .
Hope this helps u out.

John
Houston, Tx
JohnT92D350#
smoke screw?

Previous

Return to Electrical