Running Lights Inop - Repairs Made, Issue Still Present

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Running Lights Inop - Repairs Made, Issue Still Present

Postby COOTER » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Just Wondering If You Ever Figured Out What The Issue Was?...2 Days Ago I Replaced My Headlight Switch, Headlight Switch Connector, Ran A New Blk/Ylw From The Connector To The Harness, & A New Pnk/Rd Wire From The Connector To The Fuse Panel For Fuse #4 Due To Melting.

I Was Driving The Other Night, My Dash Lights Went Out, Followed By The Running Lights, Shortly After I Smelled The Smoke...Long Story Short, Typical Headlight Switch/Connector Failure. I Found Fuse #4 To Be Blown, Ran The Melted Pnk/Rd Wire Back To The Switch Connector. Replaced Both Components, Re-Wired Failed Wires, Installed New Fuse In #4, & As Soon As I Pull Out The Light Switch, POP! Goes #4.

It's Definitely A Short Issue, But No Sure Where? I Have Pinned & Ohmned Only To Fine The Blk/Ylw That Runs Every Single Light To Be Giving My Continuity (Beep Mode) On Everything I Touch. If I Probe The Blk/Ylw, Then Stick The Other Probe To Anything On The Fuse Panel, Even Hot Wires, It Beeps. The Previous Owner Installed A Toggle Switch For Rear Light Cut Off (So He Could Thank The Big Riggers For Letting Him Change Lanes Cuz He Was Sooo Cool) & In Doing So, Cut The Blk/Ylw In Half, & Wired In The Switch Between The 2 Pieces. I Can Remove The Toggle Switch Wires Completely, Having 2 Separate Pieces Of Blk/Ylw, Probe The 2, & It Still Beeps w/o Them Being Connected....

I Have Cut Harness Wrapping, Traced Wires, Jumped Wires, Replaced Wires, & Have A Pile Of Factory Tape In The Floor To Show For It, Only To Have #4 Still Pop When The Lights Are On For About 3 Seconds.

Any Help Would Greatly Be Appreciated, As Wiring Is My Achilles Heal, Just As It Seems To Have Been Dodge's.
COOTER
fuel pin?

Re: Running Lights Inop - Repairs Made, Issue Still Present

Postby Flat bed cummins » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I just had this issue about the running lights but mine was just a bad ground. Are your blinkers and brake lights still working?
Flat bed cummins
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical