It just died

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

It just died

Postby VanillaGorilla » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 am

So, four days after the pump rebuild my truck has found another way to piss me off and kick me in the nuts. I was driving and then bam, nothing. It just shut off, lost dash lights, gauges froze, heater fan stopped running and then it wouldn't turn over, also no radio or wipers. So after a little reading and frustration I replaced the ignition switch. Still nothing.
So here is what I am assuming since I lost this all at once: There is a feed from the battery to the igniton switch, from the switch power is fed to things like the FSS, dash, HVAC controls, wipers, radio, and of course starter. Does this sound correct? If so any ideas what color wire or fusable link I should be looking for? Don't have a service manual, haven't been able to find one, truck is a 93 W250. Thanks guys, this time maybe it will run for 5 days! honestly in one year of ownership and just 145k this truck has spent 6mos broke and 6mos running lol I thought they were reliable! :roll: :evil:
93 Reg cab LE 4x4 518AT, 145k and counting, pump turned up,Internal pump mods, Denny T stage 2, non IC DV's, timing bumped up, BD 40hp injectors,BHAF and me-built mandrel bent CAI,4" turbo back, Holley lift pump, new white with gold paint job, recieving more mods to tow the Duster and push this stupid WI snow.
VanillaGorilla
fuel screw!!!!

Re: It just died

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:39 am

The fuseable links are on the driver side inner fender well. There will be a duck bill looking cluster and a few other fuseable links there.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Re: It just died

Postby VanillaGorilla » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:15 am

Fixed! Fuseable link just broke.
93 Reg cab LE 4x4 518AT, 145k and counting, pump turned up,Internal pump mods, Denny T stage 2, non IC DV's, timing bumped up, BD 40hp injectors,BHAF and me-built mandrel bent CAI,4" turbo back, Holley lift pump, new white with gold paint job, recieving more mods to tow the Duster and push this stupid WI snow.
VanillaGorilla
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical